At my heaviest :-(

Options
bigblind
bigblind Posts: 2 Member
Well, here I am.. trying to lose weight....again.

I think the difference, this time, is I feel more determined. I'm also hoping that, by posting on here, I will be able to maintain a level of motivation. Also, i've come to terms with what triggers my weight gain - my weaknesses, which I intend to tackle head on. This is mostly drinking alcohol. I do try to eat semi-healthy, but have days when my self-esteem is low (I blame this on being overweight - hence the cycle), which triggers the 'I don't care' mood, resulting in take-aways, pizzas and such-like.

I'm ready for the journey and am committed to having more good days than bad, although I am under no disillusions and I will probably have days where I will go over my 'allowance'.

Hello everyone. My weight is 214 pound. My target is 168 pound. My journey starts here.

Replies

• pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - hope you find it as amazingly motivational as I do!!

My advice?
    1. Log everything, good and bad
    2. Get a good support network of friends around you for support and praise (feel free to add me!)
    3. If you have a bad meal/day just dust yourself off and move on, don't beat yourself up and don't let it lead to more .... say "ah well, that wasn't the best choice but now I'm back on it again". Once you learn how to have bad days with minimal damage you'll be well away.

Good luck xxxx
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi!

Remember that it's a marathon not a sprint.
    Log one day at a time, do your best and you will see results.
    Keep those exercise levels up and burn those calories!!!!!!
    Measure your waist, neck, thighs etc.. as some weeks you will lose inches not actual weight, it's sometimes a better indicator to progress.
    You're allowed treats and "bad" days, just remember to try and burn some extra calories if you know you're out for a meal/few drinks, it will ensure you don't try to calorie count everything while you're out :tongue:
    Good luck on your healthy lifestyle choice though!

:drinker:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome to MFP!

You can do this...yes there will be days where you fall off the wagon, but understanding what triggers these days can help you face them in the future and prevent them from occuring. This new lifestyle milarky is trial and error. I started in April of last year at nearly 195lbs and got down to 149 by October. Some of these pounds have crept back on due to me sitting on my bum all day studying for my final year of my degree...but I am back now and have lost 3lbs in less than a week!!!

Don't be frightened of falling off the wagon..there are so many wonderful people here to support you through this.

Plus, I always found that when the weight starts falling off, it can be slightly addictive.

My best advice? Make sure you drink plenty of water! Keep yourself hydrated and your body will thank you for it...it encourages the body to lose weight and stops water retention.

All the best! :flowerforyou:

Natalie
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome and well done on taking that first step.
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Good luck to ya :)
  • bigblind
    bigblind Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ;-)

It's really encouraging to see such enthusiastic members and i'm sure that the support offered here will help keep me motivated.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great and the people are wonderful. They are very encouraging and it helps to know that there are many people going through the same struggles. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Kristinemillar
    Options
    Welcome,

Firstly, you have done a great job by facing up to your "weaknesses" and the reasons you have gained weight. It's a vicious cycle for many of us... Just last night I was contemplating pigging out on junk because my bathroom scales had been stuck at the same number for over a week. Thankfully I kept myself in check and this morning I had dropped 1/2 a pound...

There are a lot of good people on here in the same position as you. So you've come to the right place for support, friendship and motivation.

Good luck with your weight loss...
  • vickychristie
    vickychristie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, you will love this - lots of lovely people and very easy and flexible, good luck will friends request you - as im new as well.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Miss_Z_87 Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP. Good luck with your weight loss journey. There are plenty of people on here who are willing to help and support you as we are all on a journey here :-)