Remaining Calories

Options
45gtwj6h203m.jpg

So far each day I have had calories remaining. Is this a good thing is this a bad thing?

Replies

• ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eating kraft dinner and burger king isn't a good thing that's for sure.
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i think 1300 calories/day is fine, but yeah, fast food based diet isn't.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ermand wrote: »
    Eating kraft dinner and burger king isn't a good thing that's for sure.

Oh I didn't see where the OP asked for a critique on what he/she ate on this particular day. Interesting.
  • arditarose
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP, you should try to hit your goal. Though because this day in particular involved packaged/fast food mostly, it's hard to get a very accurate count because you did not have a chance to weigh your food on a food scale. Remember, MFP tends to overestimate exercise calories burned, so you might only want to eat about 50% of those back anyway.

This is just one day in the grand scheme of things. Tighten up your logging, then see where you are.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OP, you should try to hit your goal. Though because this day in particular involved packaged/fast food mostly, it's hard to get a very accurate count because you did not have a chance to weigh your food on a food scale. Remember, MFP tends to overestimate exercise calories burned, so you might only want to eat about 50% of those back anyway.

This is just one day in the grand scheme of things. Tighten up your logging, then see where you are.
    ^agreed.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary and provide your stats?
  • tigohbiddies
    tigohbiddies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stats? Do you mean nutrition?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Stats? Do you mean nutrition?

No...your height/weight/activity level.
  • tigohbiddies
    Options
    w0p62ij0dg0c.jpg
  • tigohbiddies
    Options
    Oh and I'm 5'6"
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh and I'm 5'6"

With your starting weight, you can get away with a bigger deficit per day. As stated above, don't take MFP burns as the gospel truth; since they aren't tracking your heart rate or other indicators to provide a more accurate burn count, you can't be sure that they aren't overinflated. I personally would fit dinner in, and keep myself close to the number MFP tells me to burn before exercise is factored in.

Also, don't listen to the person above. While today is probably not an indicator of how you eat every day, there's nothing wrong with french fries for breakfast or macaroni and cheese for lunch every now and then. It looks like you fit those into your day, and that's good.

And as an aside; why did you pick "active" as your activity level? Just want to double check, since I know setting that can be confusing, and picking the wrong option may lead to the wrong calorie goal.
  • tigohbiddies
    Options
    I work retail and I'm walking around all day. I also walk my dogs 2 to 4 times a day. And I'm starting to go to the gym as well

• arditarose
    Options
    I work retail and I'm walking around all day. I also walk my dogs 2 to 4 times a day. And I'm starting to go to the gym as well

Well your exercise at the gym should not be included in your activity level if you're using the MFP method.

How far do you walk your dogs?

Anyway, if you're losing weight-fine. If you find you are not, you might need to adjust activity level if not intake.

I work with kids under 5 years old, live in NYC/walk everywhere, and I'm still only lightly active.
  • tigohbiddies
    Options
    I have five dogs and I walk three at once for 30 minutes then the other two for 30 minutes during the day and then at night I did the same thing. I also walk and run if I have to at work. I've only started recently going to the gym so I don't know how much I've included that and I've been using the vivo fit watch. I can at least say at minimum I get 10 to 12,000 steps a day