what did i do wrong?

Options
so-what did I do wrong ?? I followd a no sugar-other than natural and low carb other than natural. I had lean meats (chicken & fish). I took my vitamnins.Drank at least 64 ounces a day of water. No diet pop-nothing.I walked at least 15 miles in the evening since sunday(yes i have a pedometer. ) I waited from sunday until today to weigh mysel- I lost .6 pounds. In a week-of being exceptionally good.i cant believe I only lost .6 pounds-what happened?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I think 6 lbs. is great. Slow and steady and your more likely to stick with it forever. Keep up the good work.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    is that 6 pounds or .6 pounds?
  • denisemichele
    denisemichele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    no-im sorry- . 6 = a HALF a pound! not even a pound. What should I change?
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    6lbs is a lot for one week - well done, remember the fat turns into muscle as well which wouldn't show on the scales as a loss to begin. Sounds like you're doing amazing, keep it up! :smile:
  • bbecker613
    bbecker613 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad i had the same thing happen. they say muscle weighs more than fat so keep that in mind but I know it does not make it any easier lol
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i would be mad too! maybe you can open your diary to see if there's something to change cuz it sounds like the work is there, 15 miles a day right?
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    have you been doing the same thing for awhile? eating the same (mostly) foods and just walking? maybe you need to change things up a bit? add some strength training? sometimes you just hit a dry spell and trial and error is the only way to find the fix.
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories( & yes,that includes eating back your exercise cals)? If not, your body could think you're "starving" & holding on to the weight. Can't tell if you are, but if you're not eating enough cals. you need to start doing that so your body knows that "everything's ok" & it'll start letting go of the weight.. Good Luck!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    we can't give good advice without seeing what you are eating really.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    sometimes it just takes the scale a while to "catch up" to what you've been doing. Don't get discouraged and just keep up the good work. The scale should eventually get with the program!
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm doing everything right and GAINING weight, I wouldn't worry about a small loss as long as it's not a gain!
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    Just a note: muscle does not "weigh more" than fat... a pound is a pound.

The difference is that muscle takes up less physical space than fat does. So as an example, two woman who each weigh 125 lbs can be drastically different in physical size, depending on their body fat percentage.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    how long did it take you to put on that weight?

keep at it it'll come off
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think the general consensus without confusing you is:

* open your diary up if you want accurate advice towards what you have been eating etc

* also give some background as to what you have been doing before this week

* you may have lost fat, but you may also have gained muscle therefore you may have shrunk but still weigh not much difference.

:)
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    I wouldn't freak out yet. I have found that occasionally my body likes to "hold-on" to my weight. I've been eating healthier and exercising regularly since January and on three separate occasions I've had two week periods in which the scale goes absolutely NO WHERE! Then one day I wake up and lose 3.5 pounds in 1 day. Did I suddenly lose 3.5 pounds of fat overnight? No. My body holds on to the water weight, then just lets go. Before anyone says anything, I'm drinking almost 100 ounces of water a day and my sodium intake doesn't change. The problem is that I'm female and there are certain times of the month my body likes to have extra water. It is DEFINITELY frustrating, but it looks as though you have lost weight prior to this last week. Just keep doing what you know you are suppose to and your body will respond. Sometimes it just sucks being a woman.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You're expecting too much.

Be patient :))

Best,

Debbie