How do I log this?

Options
sarkrisd
sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
On Tuesday nights, I go to a local coffee house and meet with a bunch of ladies to talk. I indulge, and save my calories, in order to get a frappe (or blender as they call it) and a pastry. I can usually put the pastry in pretty easily, and I tend to over-estimate as much as possible, but the drink has me stumped. I ordered a heath blender. They use ice, a flavoring powder, and milk. They don't measure the milk ( I asked how much, and they said they just eye ball it) and the powder is in a clear container, so I don't have a brand name for it. I don't want to give up my one coffee a week, but I want to be able to account for it also. Without interrogating them, what should I do?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    "Heath" or "health"? What is the powder?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    sarkrisd wrote: »
    On Tuesday nights, I go to a local coffee house and meet with a bunch of ladies to talk. I indulge, and save my calories, in order to get a frappe (or blender as they call it) and a pastry. I can usually put the pastry in pretty easily, and I tend to over-estimate as much as possible, but the drink has me stumped. I ordered a heath blender. They use ice, a flavoring powder, and milk. They don't measure the milk ( I asked how much, and they said they just eye ball it) and the powder is in a clear container, so I don't have a brand name for it. I don't want to give up my one coffee a week, but I want to be able to account for it also. Without interrogating them, what should I do?

I would just log it as a Starbucks frappuccino and call it a day.
  • sarkrisd
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Its called a Heath (like the candy bar) blender. Its just a powder flavoring in a jar. Not sure what it is.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Its called a Heath (like the candy bar) blender. Its just a powder flavoring in a jar. Not sure what it is.

Google it.
  • sarkrisd
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

I would just log it as a Starbucks frappuccino and call it a day.

Just use the same size of cup? Don't have a Starbucks here, so not sure what size a 16oz would be.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Just use the same size of cup? Don't have a Starbucks here, so not sure what size a 16oz would be.

16oz at SB is a Grande.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    16 oz is a grande, and I think usually a medium at most places. You can use dunkin or whatever. I just figure if you don't know what it is really, pick something comparable. It's what I do at smaller restaurants.

Normally I would say to figure out what it is-but you said yourself they eyeball the portions and you don't want to bug them (although most of the time people are helpful and understanding when you ask). At this point you're guessing-so I would pick something similar so at least your macros and calories may be a little closer. Life happens.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I look for several entries that might be similar (frappucino from Starbucks, Dunkin donuts, and McDonald's) and pick the one with the most calories. Or sometimes I take one and make it 1 and 1/4 servings just to be safe. Good luck :)