July Challenge

Options
I know it isn't July quite yet, but I am making the goal to lose 7 pounds in july! (I chose 7 because July is the 7th month)

I am hoping to do this by working out 5 days a week and continuing to track my caloric intake. I signed up for a half marathon in September, so it is also my goal to be able to run 7 miles without stopping by the end of July.

Post what your goals are too! Also, I am looking for friends on this app so that we can support eachother on this weight loss adventure. :)

Replies

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 2kg (4.5lbs) in July. I'm starting circuit training using Kayla Itsines bikini guide. I'm also working on getting my weekend eating habits under control. I always welcome new, supportive friends
  • sfadler
    sfadler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Leanne I just got,bikini guide but haven't decided if I'm going to start it. I'd like to know if it works.
  • sfadler
    sfadler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Alexandralm what are you doing to get 7 miles by end of July, are you doing c25k?
  • mtcan54_6
    mtcan54_6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished 12 weeks with my town's Biggest Loser challenge. I lost 23 pounds and need to lose 32 more to get to my goal weight. Now that I am on my own, it would be nice to join this. I plan on doing 3 days of exercise videos and 2 days of core/weights one week, and the next week do 3 days of core/weights and 2 days of videos. Rest on Saturday and Sunday. Would like to lose 8 pounds a month and reach my goal weight in 4 months..
  • RonwynAngel
    RonwynAngel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I might just take you up on that challenge too. 1 kg per week at least, gym 5 times a week and MFP daily to reach that first goal. For a creative outlet I am going to do Camp Nanowrimo. I want to write a non- fiction book on health problems your GP may not know much about like IIH, PCOS, thyroid problems, Lupus. This is a start and I will research others to put them in as well. Good luck on our challenge and I hope we check back regularly.
  • intenseipt
    intenseipt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will give you motivation and support too. I'm a personal trainer and I know weight loss can be a struggle
  • RonwynAngel
    RonwynAngel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the gym on Monday and Tuesday and my calories are just under my daily goal. I still have to improve what I eat but tracking and printing out my daily report will help me see where I need to improve. I am starting at 230 lbs and want to hit 228 or less by next Monday.
  • alexandralm
    alexandralm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sfadler, I originally used couch to 5k when I first started running. Now that I have been running for a while I make my own training routines since I know my limitations. :smile:

This week I am running 3-5 mile runs
    7/5-7/11: 3.5-5.5 mile runs
    7/12-7/1: 8 4-6 mile runs
    7/19-7/25: 4.5-5.5 mile runs
    7/26-7/31: 5-7 mile runs

I did this last summer. Typically, I run 4 days a week. 1 short run, 2 medium length run, and 1 long run. Then I do yoga 3 times a week to help stretch out the sore muscles.

Today I ran 3 miles and did a yoga class. :)
  • alexandralm
    Options
    I might just take you up on that challenge too. 1 kg per week at least, gym 5 times a week and MFP daily to reach that first goal. For a creative outlet I am going to do Camp Nanowrimo. I want to write a non- fiction book on health problems your GP may not know much about like IIH, PCOS, thyroid problems, Lupus. This is a start and I will research others to put them in as well. Good luck on our challenge and I hope we check back regularly.

That is really cool and interesting! What is camp Nanowrimo?
  • mhooge
    mhooge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! I'd like to lose 5 pounds in July. I'm tracking my food and exercise 3 days of learning to run and biking 3 other days. I have to lose about 40 pounds to get to my goal but I know it didn't come on overnight so it won't come off overnight. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and that it's not all or nothing. Good luck everyone!
  • alexandralm
    Options
    mhooge wrote: »
    I'm interested! I'd like to lose 5 pounds in July. I'm tracking my food and exercise 3 days of learning to run and biking 3 other days. I have to lose about 40 pounds to get to my goal but I know it didn't come on overnight so it won't come off overnight. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and that it's not all or nothing. Good luck everyone!

That is a great perspective! I always tend to want to see instant results and then get upset when it doesn't happen. I struggle to maintain an attitude like yours. :) Let's do this!
  • alexandralm
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first July weigh in. Nervous!
  • cl9189
    cl9189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 2kg (4.5lbs) in July. I'm starting circuit training using Kayla Itsines bikini guide. I'm also working on getting my weekend eating habits under control. I always welcome new, supportive friends
    Hello I am planning to use her guide too.. Any recommendations?