I want to feel sexy!

Options
I have had this app before, but never really gave it a try till just the other day. I have stuck with it for 5 whole days now! Lol! I know it doesn't seem like much, but I'm proud of myself. I also find that I like looking up what I can eat, keeping my calories under for the day. Adding exercise and I love when it tells me "this is high in protein" or how it reminds you when you add a food item to remember to stay within your sugar limit. I want to feel pretty again. To feel confident in sexy clothes again. :(
I miss getting dressed up and feeling proud of my body. I am married with 2 kids and about probably a good 50-60 lbs over weight now. I don't know what happened, but it did. It's like I stopped worrying about me. I'm ready for a change. Living MFP so far, and car wait to see changes! :)

Replies

• jenhiggins4187
    jenhiggins4187 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Loving *** and can't *** my bad ;)
  • em26x
    em26x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel ur pain babe I've added u xxx
  • Mamita_zapo
    Mamita_zapo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work girl, what matters is that your moving ahead, not how long you have been doing it but that you are now on the right track.

I too have had this app in the past but never made myself get into the habbit of using it, I am here to support you, Ill add you.

I just want to feel good I n my own skin, no more self criticism.

Thanks,
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat feel free to add me
  • KirstenAFerreira
    KirstenAFerreira Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same mission :) Good luck pretty! You can do it!
    Mom's are more capable of being sexy than anyone else in my opinion :P because there's that added hint of awesomeness! And we multitask like pros!
  • erikak123
    erikak123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I've used this app before and it has helped. I seriously lost track and I've gained all my weight back. I need all the motivation and support! Good Luck
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Get to the gym and start a heavy progressive lifting programme

I'm telling you .. everything gets tight and lifted and you feel strong and awesome and get back your sexy

Books like Strong Curves and New Rules of Lifting for Women

Websites: Strong Lifts 5x5, Ice cream fitness

Check out Stacy on Nerdfitness http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

... you can even start with their beginner's bodyweight exercise at home if you're a little daunted http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

The weight loss will happen by your food intake - you can't out-exercise a bad diet .. but lifting heavy rocks for the sexy

(also married with 2 kids and have dropped 54lbs and got back my strutt .. if I can at my age, so can you)

PS I swapped out sugar tracking for fiber tracking .. I'm not diabetic . pre-diabetic so no point in tracking that at all
  • i_miss_me
    i_miss_me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me! :-) I'm feeling the same way. I've been using this to keep track of food & weight but new to adding friends. I'm 33, married, 2 kids & have about 70 pounds left to lose (I've lost 30 already).
  • jenhiggins4187
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) Now that I have actually posted and added friends, I find myself wanting to check the app a lot more! You all motivate me!!! Hope we can all keep this up! I can see where it really helps having buddies on here. I'm thinking of buying a goal dress, and hang it on my closet door. Some flirty motivation
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would say focus on lifting weights too. Not only do you burn the fat better but you become confident in what your own body can do. When I started I could barely even do a "girly pushup". Now I can proper push up right along next to the boys.
  • Phoenix_2015
    Phoenix_2015 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me (everyone). I am new here and would love to support and motivate if I can. :)
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to forget about ourselves, especially once children come. What actually probably saved me was, that was when I started being in a lot more pictures, so I was not able to tune it completely out anymore. We have to find time for ourselves, because happier, healthier us make for more active and hopefully more involved parents.
  • jenhiggins4187
    Options
    Totally agree with you on the pictures! I'm tired of hiding behind the camera!!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it also took me quite a while after downloading the app on the recommendation of a friend before I used it as well, now it's 2.....3 years later and it's just part of my life. Huge changes can be made in time through just paying attention to what your are doing, what you are eating and how you provide nutrition to this finely tuned engine.
    Feel free to look over my info and add me as a friend if you like. You will do great! All the best in your journey!
  • cristinaa201
    cristinaa201 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel ya :s. I just had my babygirl & i gained so much weight, but your not alone. Lets do this together!!
  • flutterby0811
    flutterby0811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In need of friends and motivation please add me!!!!!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    Though I must add, based on your profile picture, you're pretty darn sexy. x)
  • jenhiggins4187
    Options
    Haha! Thx! ;))
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    Though I must add, based on your profile picture, you're pretty darn sexy. x)

Sorry, curiosity has the best of me and i have to ask...love the profile name - baconboobies - but how did you come up with that?
  • Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) Now that I have actually posted and added friends, I find myself wanting to check the app a lot more! You all motivate me!!! Hope we can all keep this up! I can see where it really helps having buddies on here. I'm thinking of buying a goal dress, and hang it on my closet door. Some flirty motivation

A goal dress is a great idea! I have one in my closet right now and nothing gets me motivated like that sexy little black dress. You're beautiful, btw. You can do this!