Couch to 5K --May 30th

Options
I've decided to begin Counch to 5K with my kid.

Anyone want to begin in the next few days with me?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm heading in to week 6 on Monday. I LOVE this program.
  • jlhschrock
    jlhschrock Posts: 6
    Options
    I've also heard great things about this program....I actually just learned about it today from a friend of mine who is already on week 6.
  • nadiambe13
    nadiambe13 Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried Week 1, Day 1 on Wednesday, with little success, but I too would like to restart it. I was training with C210K last summer, and found it a great program, but a bit too intense. You can count me in as a C25K buddy!! :)
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I'm in. I've been wanting to start but its been raining non-stop here for a week and I don't have access to a treadmill. It's supposed to be nice this weekend so hopefully I can start Sat. or Sun.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • kezzieh
    kezzieh Posts: 25
    Options
    oh yes i will give it a go! i'm a newbie, are there rules? could do with a kick star to my running!
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I need to restart. I have fallen off the last couple of weeks
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1 this morning it is great.
    My biggest piece of advice is to start out slow, you can always speed up at the end if needs be.
    If you are finding it too difficult just slow down your pace.

Good luck
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Started last week and did day 1 on a treadmill. Did day 2 on Wednesday but outside. Wow! The difference is incredible. My calves are still a little sore today. I might try and include 2 more sessions in Week 1 and make them both outside.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I was just telling my MFpals that I found an iphone app called 5K for $2.99 that prompts you when it is time to run, jog, walk, etc. It is a 9-week Couch to 5K program that calls for 3 days a week of jogging. AND you can play your ipod list THROUGH THE APP!!!
    I am PUMPED!!! Count me in!!!!!
    Thanks!!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @Susan. I use the stopwatch on my iPod, and it's free!
  • TimesUp21
    TimesUp21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started on Thurday! I started walking on my treadmill last week just it get a little stretched out and did good my first day. Can't wait to see what next week will be like.............
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We're starting a C25K group at the office and Monday is week 1, day 1.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    oh yes i will give it a go! i'm a newbie, are there rules? could do with a kick star to my running!
    Info and links to podcasts here.

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx
  • mdentley
    mdentley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in...friend request sent!
  • Starla9306
    Starla9306 Posts: 6
    Options
    I started yesterday...Had to take three breaks, but I really love ! Count me in!:flowerforyou:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my phone and I was doing so well. Made it through week 3 day 3, then went on a trip with my middle school daughter to NYC and never got back into it after we returned. That was 2 weeks ago. So I think I am just going to start over. I need to run. I loved it while doing it and have missed it. I just needed a little push. This may be that push. So count me in!! Sending out a FR. Thanks for starting this up! :happy:
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Wow I'm so GLAD you are joining me !
    Other too please join US
    :-)

I'm probably starting tomorrow actually, but close enough

We have the iPhone app by Bluefin I
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just started this week, and I love it so far. Feel free to add me anyone else who is involved. I am using Runkeeper for the audio cues on when to walk and run, which also tracks my exercise and gives me a more accurate reading on how many calories burned.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 3 about a half hour ago. So I'm in! It's been raining for the last 5 days, but I haven't let it stop me. I just get out there and get wet. It is actually kind of nice to run in the rain. I could feel quite a difference in my endurance today. Don't get me wrong, I still have very little endurance, but I don't feel like I'm ready to stop running after 30 seconds. I feel as though I could run longer than a minute at a time now. It's exciting! But I tell you, I did not feel like running today. I was so tired when I got home from work. I almost fell asleep on the couch. But my goal is to try this for at least 6 weeks, and then assess from there. Looking forward to sharing with all of you!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I am on week 5 and will do run 3 on Sunday. I'm a little nervous about running for 20 minutes straight with no walking! I love this program. I use a podcast from nhs and it works great. I like the music and the announcers (Laura stClair) voice is pleasant to listen to.