Why is it so hard for me to loose wait but not --> them? Help pls!

Options

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I’d like to add three things. First:
    [image edited out]

Not to be skeptical, but you never know for sure that they’re losing 10lbs week. Second, it might help you to think of weight loss in terms of % body weight if you’re comparing your results to others: you’re already really light. Third, it shouldn’t matter how much they lose, but I do know that’s easier said than done.

we are doing scale pictures weekly. lol I hate doing those!!

You guys are so right. I just, really needed to hear it this morning.

SOO many thank-yous!

Photoshop! Sorry, I really have trust issues. But I’m glad you’re feeling better. You’re really close to your goal, so it will be slower, but that’s the right way to do it.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Majogurl, when someone corrects your English without being
    - your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - a CLOSE friend
    -
    you can certainly tell them that it is downright rude and ill-mannered.

If they don't see why, and tell you that's they intended to be "useful", just make an unsolicited remark on their looks as it appears on the profile picture. For example, state that bright orange is extremely cheap-looking and tacky. They should get the memo.

Or you could just ignore them. Like I usually do.

While I don't correct people, I wouldn't find it rude if someone were to correct me. I appreciate it.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Michaela, I should have added that I'm 4 feet 10.5 inches tall and about 125 lbs.

I'm NEVER hungry. If I feel hunger, I eat. I used to eat lots of chips and coke and chocolate! and I didn't work out. It's an easy recipe to gaining weight :/

I don't measure, no. I find I can measure myself 5 times back to back and I get different measurements lol. I'm useless at it.

Hopefully it is muscle building. FX it is!

Yes, that would have been helpful silly :p lol no worries. Just wanted to make sure before I blurted out "you're not eating enough!" lol I'm going to guess maybe you are building muscle then. I'm the same way with measurements so I feel your pain haha I just take the average and record it. better than nothing :)

I think I read briefly someone said don't compare yourself to others... that is great advice. I used to do the same thing but we are all different. We all respond to food and exercise differently. Focus on you and best of luck girly!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Undereating will not get you to goal any more quickly.

Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. (The smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Follow your MFP calorie goal, eating back your adjustments. And be patient!

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - do you eat back 100% of your exercise calories?

how long have you been dieting for on 1200?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Majigurl, when someone corrects your English without being:

- your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - or a CLOSE friend

If they don't see why, and tell you they intended to be "useful", just make an unsolicited remark on their looks as it appears on the profile picture. For example, state that bright orange is extremely cheap-looking and tacky. They should get the memo.

Pfft - from someone who doesn't even have a photo of themselves in their profile. What are you afraid of?

• Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    - your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - a CLOSE friend
    -

If they don't see why, and tell you that's they intended to be "useful", just make an unsolicited remark on their looks as it appears on the profile picture. For example, state that bright orange is extremely cheap-looking and tacky. They should get the memo.

While I don't correct people, I wouldn't find it rude if someone were to correct me. I appreciate it.

Well, that is good. Same for me. :-) That means that you try to treat others like they want to be treated, not like YOU want to be treated. And that you are fully aware that only a tiny part of the World live in an English/unilingual environment.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

- your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - or a CLOSE friend

If they don't see why, and tell you they intended to be "useful", just make an unsolicited remark on their looks as it appears on the profile picture. For example, state that bright orange is extremely cheap-looking and tacky. They should get the memo.

Pfft - from someone who doesn't even have a photo of themselves in their profile. What are you afraid of?

I look normal. And it's not about your dress. I do wear orange. I just wanted you to get the idea. I am sure you do.
  • ndj1979
    Options

- your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - or a CLOSE friend

can we just stop derailing this thread, please?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

- your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - or a CLOSE friend

can we just stop derailing this thread, please?

Agreed. Good luck OP.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options

No. I try and keep a 500 cal deficit. It is easier to do with fitbit and mfp. It calculates it for me.

1200? most of my life. I'm 4 feet 10.5 inches and so I can't keep up with most adult's food portions. I'm more the height of the average grade 6er lol. - Seriously though, no joke.

I try not to "diet". I'm trying to eat better and get an eating lifestyle I can keep up with after I drop the weight. I try to work out to drop the weight, not eat less.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No. I try and keep a 500 cal deficit. It is easier to do with fitbit and mfp. It calculates it for me.

1200? most of my life. I'm 4 feet 10.5 inches and so I can't keep up with most adult's food portions. I'm more the height of the average grade 6er lol. - Seriously though, no joke.

I try not to "diet". I'm trying to eat better and get an eating lifestyle I can keep up with after I drop the weight. I try to work out to drop the weight, not eat less.

so you have been eating 1200 calories for how long?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    - your boss
    - your secretary
    - your mom
    - your teacher
    - a CLOSE friend
    -

Exactly.
    But, you know, being incredibly nasty in response to a well-meaning comment is probably a good strategy, too..
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I try and keep a 500 cal deficit. It is easier to do with fitbit and mfp. It calculates it for me.

1. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the number of calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that (way more than 1,200 calories), you will lose weight.

2. Your deficit is already built into your calorie goal.

3. If you follow the instructions I posted above, you'll be eating TDEE minus an appropriate deficit for your size.

They're the settings I used to lose the weight and maintain for a year.
  • majigurl
    Options

so you have been eating 1200 calories for how long?

Sorry, for a very long time.

Unless I binged at night with chips and chocolates :/ which in the winter I often do. When I started counting calories, about 5 years ago, I counted the amount I was eating a day. It was usually around 12-1400 cal a day. ( unless I had chips and chocolates, which I never calculated for obvious reasons :/

So I can only guess at how long I've eating 1200 cals. typically. the biggest change I have made in the last 3 months is I no longer eat junk food, unless cake a b-day parties or a bbq here and there ( maybe once a week to once every 2 weeks ) - but even then I usually always add it to my calorie intake for the day. I eat much better foods and so eat way more during my day to equal 1200 a day. I try very hard to not go under 1200 which is HARD for me now. I'm never hungry and the moment I am, I eat ( usually fruit or proteins like almonds and cheese)

• majigurl
    Options

Yes, that would have been helpful silly :p lol no worries. Just wanted to make sure before I blurted out "you're not eating enough!" lol I'm going to guess maybe you are building muscle then. I'm the same way with measurements so I feel your pain haha I just take the average and record it. better than nothing :)

I think I read briefly someone said don't compare yourself to others... that is great advice. I used to do the same thing but we are all different. We all respond to food and exercise differently. Focus on you and best of luck girly!

i hope so!! I'm trying to lift as heavy as I can when i'm at the gym :) I just want to see results NOW NOW NOW! I need to learn patients.

You are so right. I will keep trying to do that! thank you !!

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Fitness is an intensely personal issue. Don't ever compare yourself to others, unless it is in a positive reference and you draw strength from it.

As far a rapid weight loss goes, think about all the studies showing that rapid weight loss increase the chance of returning weight gain. Also there's the issue of skin elasticity. Your body can easily handle losing 1lb/week, but any more than that is pushing it and there are multiple adverse effects of losing more than this.
  • majigurl
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Undereating will not get you to goal any more quickly.

Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. (The smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Follow your MFP calorie goal, eating back your adjustments. And be patient!

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Thank you ! will be looking up those links! much appreciated!

• majigurl
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Fitness is an intensely personal issue. Don't ever compare yourself to others, unless it is in a positive reference and you draw strength from it.

As far a rapid weight loss goes, think about all the studies showing that rapid weight loss increase the chance of returning weight gain. Also there's the issue of skin elasticity. Your body can easily handle losing 1lb/week, but any more than that is pushing it and there are multiple adverse effects of losing more than this.

I thought skin elasticity was really more an issue of genetics.

What effects? I always heard up to 2 lbs was safe?