anyone else doing Herbalife

Options
Hi I started Herbalife 2 months ago and so far it's been working really good for me I haven't found any other diets that I've helped but this one . is anyone else having good luck with it and if so they have a name good advice for me while being on it. So far ive lost over 20 lbs

Replies

• AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey I am going to start herbalife again in a couple days did it last year and had amazing results, congrats on your weight loss .We can be friends and motivate each other and share recipes?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    l30.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    hell-no-nicki-minaj.gif
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Community Guidelines specifically ban promotion of any products in the forums.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    congratulations on finding something that works for you. you will not find a lot of outward support here.

I might also suggest adopting a healthy lifestyle rather than just a "diet" but that is jmho
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why would you need to start hearbalife "again"? It obviously does not teach you to anything about a proper eating habit if you stopped and gained weight again. You going to replace your meals the rest of your life to stay slim or just yoyo all your life?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

The community guidelines specifically ban advertising or promotion of products by those who stand to benefit financially or otherwise; people who simply use the products are welcome to discuss them, whether that be Herbalife, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Cellucor protein powder, or Stronglifts5x5.

And since I'm here, the guidelines in our community also specifically prohibit flagging anything as spam that is not a spam-bot, and people who inappropriately flag will be subject to warnings and points.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    272.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've been on and off different types of diet programs during the years.

I learned something from the experience of adopting a program like Herbalife to lose weight... it's pointless.

Sure, you'll lose weight, but the weight comes back on.

Some of the reasons the ongoing success rates for weight loss maintenance are so dismal, at least in my opinion, are that many of us fail, while we are trying to lose weight, to fundamentally address our behaviors with food, to correct them, and to form better habits in regard to it.

You can lose weight by putting a band-aid on your issues with food. You'll only keep it off by getting to the root causes of your weight problem. Herbalife is a band-aid.
  • heyeyeya
    heyeyeya Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Herbalife...sounds sustainable
    :D
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

The community guidelines specifically ban advertising or promotion of products by those who stand to benefit financially or otherwise; people who simply use the products are welcome to discuss them, whether that be Herbalife, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Cellucor protein powder, or Stronglifts5x5.

And since I'm here, the guidelines in our community also specifically prohibit flagging anything as spam that is not a spam-bot, and people who inappropriately flag will be subject to warnings and points.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points
    Fair enough. I guess I misunderstood the flagging system on this particular point. But there is some merit at heading them off at the pass, no? Not that this poster is doing that, but post like this have been used as a springboard to sell product by private message. I was, however, a bit overzealous.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Fair enough. I guess I misunderstood the flagging system on this particular point. But there is some merit at heading them off at the pass, no? Not that this poster is doing that, but post like this have been used as a springboard to sell product by private message. I was, however, a bit overzealous.

If you think someone is advertising, please report it rather than kicking it to spam. We can actually get to it more quickly with a report because those update like the regular forums and we can see it right away. We do take advertising very seriously, but we also need to allow users in the community to ask questions and discuss a product/etc. If things get kicked to spam right away, any opportunity to discuss the pros and cons is lost and it keeps people who are reading the discussions from making an informed decision.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

If you think someone is advertising, please report it rather than kicking it to spam. We can actually get to it more quickly with a report because those update like the regular forums and we can see it right away. We do take advertising very seriously, but we also need to allow users in the community to ask questions and discuss a product/etc. If things get kicked to spam right away, any opportunity to discuss the pros and cons is lost and it keeps people who are reading the discussions from making an informed decision.
    I see your point.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, I don't hate myself enough.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lol spam flags removed

I c wut u did thur @kgeyser

@poppy10177 HerbalIfe and any other MLM program (especially shakes) are a hot-button topic here

in short, they are a complete waste of money

if you have more money than sense then they are a great way to go

there is plenty of good free advice here on the forums that will probably be better for both your health and wallet in the long run

GL regardless of your choice
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    poppy10177 wrote: »
    Hi I started Herbalife 2 months ago and so far it's been working really good for me I haven't found any other diets that I've helped but this one . is anyone else having good luck with it and if so they have a name good advice for me while being on it. So far ive lost over 20 lbs

What is the gist of the "Herbalife diet"?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

1. You buy Herbalife pills/shakes
    2. You don't get told how to manage your calories off the shakes/pills
    3. You don't lose much weight, or regain any weight lost because of #2
    4. Your bank account shrinks because you continue to buy Herbalife pills/shakes
  • josiemead
    josiemead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

5. you become a rep to try and make back the money you lost
    6. you don't know *kitten* about nutrition
    7. everyone hates you because you don't stop talking/FB posting about herbalife
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    josiemead wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »

5. you become a rep to try and make back the money you lost
    6. you don't know *kitten* about nutrition
    7. everyone hates you because you don't stop talking/FB posting about herbalife

8. It is a must that you preach about this worthless product on FB and let everyone know how magical it is.