Man boobs

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    My very first goal is get small enough for my breast to turn to pec. I notice now I will have to go lower than my ticker or my funny will change in a funny way with the next ten pounds.

It's just a matter of fat loss. I remind myself, daily: the pecs are already there, hidden underneath the fat. I can get stronger, and make the pecs bigger, but they're going to still look like boobs until the fat covering them is gone,

And unfortunately, that part is entirely diet (calorie deficit).

I wish rockin' a calorie deficit were as much fun as lifting...

Well for me I was tested for low T at age 21. So I am pretty sure my are not because of a hormone imbalance. I just got to keep lose weight until hopefully there gone before I have to go to a unhealthy body fat %. I'm ready to get down to single digits.

My doctor look at me for my first physical with him and he couldn't understand what he was seeing. He couldn't understand why my moobs were so big but I didn't have the signs of low T which are not able to grow facial hair and have muscle mass. There are a bunch of other signs (sexual ones) that I will name if anyone is curious of the prognosis low T process.
  • W8PushaD
    W8PushaD Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put it like this. DIET, weight training and cardio. YOU MUST THROW IN CHEST TRAINING TO GET RID OF MAN BOOBS. Im finally getting rid of mine, and its from my diet, bench press, DB press, flyes and dips. Its a hell of a journey but stay with it and you'll see results.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP, you are overweight. Your moobs could be either pubertal gynecomastia (caused by hormonal imbalances) or gynecomastia from being overweight.

One method to tell is go see your doctor, he'll inspect and feel for extra gland tissue underneath your nipple. Only way to remove pubertal gynecomastia is through surgery.

If it's not pubertal gynecomastia then just eat in a caloric deficit, your body fat will reduce over your body and your moobs will reduce or completely go at a certain weight. Lift heavy too.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    OP, you are overweight. Your moobs could be either pubertal gynecomastia (caused by hormonal imbalances) or gynecomastia from being overweight.

One method to tell is go see your doctor, he'll inspect and feel for extra gland tissue underneath your nipple. Only way to remove pubertal gynecomastia is through surgery.

If it's not pubertal gynecomastia then just eat in a caloric deficit, your body fat will reduce over your body and your moobs will reduce or completely go at a certain weight. Lift heavy too.

Damn! Dropping the science on the thread! Well done sir, well done!

I had to look that up...

• yopeeps025
    Options

I had to look that up...

I am looking it up too.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am also 6'1". At one point in my life I was 250lb, started current weight loss attempt at 220lb and my goal weight is 170lb. My breast/stomach composition was much like yours. It will all shrink and look better as you lose the weight. I have been doing P90x3 and this has helped my body composition look even better than the weight loss itself has done. Wish I had pictures up on my profile but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Basically: don't discount resistance training, keep losing the weight, enjoy the ride :smile:

Also, I would say if you get down below 200 and your breasts have kept the same size though everything else has shrunk that's when I'd see a doctor. Or you could just go now and talk to him/her, it's always good to go in for a general check up on your health.

Final (maybe) edit: don't apologize for pictures. Take as many as you can and keep taking them as you lose the weight. You'll be sorry if you don't.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Also, I would say if you get down below 200 and your breasts have kept the same size though everything else has shrunk that's when I'd see a doctor.

Agree with this.

You already know you need to lose fat. So start down that road. If the man-boobs don't change when you reach your goal weight, then talk to a doctor.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    The more I keep reading was actually have me thinking that maybe I do have the condition. I have to remember that I was always overweight so that has to be the reason for mine.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I've had a different experience. I started with about 50 lbs. to lose, and I'm about half-way there. I've struggled with weight loss more than most here (by that, I mean I have plateaus that last for several months before a "whoosh"). I've been in my current plateau since March, but as I've lost the 20-some lbs. over the last 18 months, my man boobs have slightly decreased in size. Until recently. Over the past week or so, I've noticed mine starting to look a lot like yours unexpectedly. I don't know why, but maybe this thread will reveal something that makes sense regarding moobs.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Another thing I can recommend to OP is to just keep losing the weight and don't let the fear (maybe having)gynecomastia slow you down. Cross that bridge when it is time to cross that bridge. I have to tell myself that a lot.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had man boobs at the beginning of my journey (65 pounds ago) and they were my most hated part of my body. They slowly went away as the weight fell off, but they were still very visible until about 10 lbs ago. Out of nowhere the fat seemed to begin melting off my chest and upper back and now they are almost completely gone. They do go away simply with weight loss, so hang in there!
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited July 2015
    Options

I had to look that up...

talking from personal experience :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Man boobs will disappear and it won't take until you get to your goal weight for significant reduction to occur if my experience is any guide. I'm 71 pounds down, 20 to 30 to go. Quite happy with my chest now.

Just focus on losing the excess for now and try to get over the fact that we can't spot reduce. My "love handles" (an inane description if ever...) bugged me for many months but they are reducing steadily.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Not done losing, but I thought I'd share how my chest has changed in going from ~270 (in the left picture, I was 285 before I started losing), to 199 now.
    1wwjpbdq5z52.png
  • DuckReconMajor
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Not done losing, but I thought I'd share how my chest has changed in going from ~270 (in the left picture, I was 285 before I started losing), to 199 now.
    Great job!

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kalbo798 wrote: »
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    To answer your weight question, your ideal range for your stats is 140.2 lbs - 189.5 lbs - http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=23&csex=m&cheightfeet=6&cheightinch=1&cheightmeter=180&printit=0&x=35&y=11

As you get closer to that range, you'll notice all the various bulges where you carry fat will start to shrink.

What you say I somewhat agree with. But 6 foot 1 and 140 lbs is ideal? Debatable.

The calculation is based on recommended BMI, as published by the WHO ( World Health Organization ). Whether the lower end of that range would be considered healthy or not is definitely debatable. I could, however, see an instance where it was true ( ectomorph body type long distance runner, for instance ).

Anecdotally, my cousin was 6' 3.5-4" tall when he graduated high school, and wasn't more than 165 lbs. The calc range for him would have put his low at about 150 lbs. He started playing Div III college basketball around that same weight 3 months later at RPI.
  • DuckReconMajor
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As a 6'1" male, those are the numbers I saw for the range as well. 166 is right at the middle of the ideal range in everything i saw. People keep telling me 170 (my goal weight) is low for my height but I have to inform them I'm not in underweight BMI range until about 144. And I'm a bit more than 10 lb away but still have some flab and man boob im like no thank you, i'm glad i've come down this low but i am not stopping yet.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    So I keep looking at myself and I feel as though I should save to go under the knife as a just in case it happens. If not then that is money that I can use for other means.

I think that's why I was taking to weight loss so slow before because I felt my moobs will still be moobs when this is all said and done.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Is it better or worse if they are not the same size? I've always had a bigger moob on the left than on the right... for years as they have shrunk or grown, they do so together with the left moob always being more saggy and just more fat.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Is it better or worse if they are not the same size? I've always had a bigger moob on the left than on the right... for years as they have shrunk or grown, they do so together with the left moob always being more saggy and just more fat.

Well if they've never completely gone away it's probably gyno from a hormonal imbalance. Idk, depends how you like them? lol.