I need help

Options
Please don't be mad but my diet is 4 rice cakes with little peanut butter on then lunch I have musile alpin the I have 1 chicken brest cup of carrot lettuce beetroot watercress then more alpin that's it oh and am doing 1600 cal excise bike and trying to go up 100 every day but I have not lost a thing plc help

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how many calories that is and I'm not going to go look it all up. Could you open up your diary so we can look to see what you are logging?

How are you measuring your calories burned? 1600 seems like a lot but I'm not up on cycling calories.

Are you weighing all of your food and logging it using accurate entries in the MFP database?

How long have you been trying to lose weight?
  • hipeeps3010
    hipeeps3010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I have no idea how many calories that is and I'm not going to go look it all up. Could you open up your diary so we can look to see what you are logging?

How are you measuring your calories burned? 1600 seems like a lot but I'm not up on cycling calories.

Are you weighing all of your food and logging it using accurate entries in the MFP database?

How do I open my log

I use the computer on the bike

I scan it all
  • hipeeps3010
    Options

How do I open my log

I scan it all

I opened it
  • hipeeps3010
    Options
    Ignore today lol its hot out
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not mad, I actually feel a bit sad that you think you have to eat that way in order to lose weight. Hopefully you'll be educated correctly on weight loss with the help in these forums.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food or are you using measuring cups? Your diary looks like a mixture of cups and weights, but the weights are usually rounded -- are those from a scale?

The homemade entries -- are they your recipes that you entered or did you choose them from the database?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you weighing it on a scale? are you not logging anything (drinks, alcohol, etc)

and you could eat so much better (tasting and variety) food for the same amount of calories.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

How do I open my log

I scan it all

I opened it

Two obvious problems.

1. Daily peanut butter is being measured in tablespoons. To get an accurate calorie count, you need to weigh it. I would venture a guess you're eating twice as much as you think you are.
    2. Exercise calories. You are NOT burning 1500+ calories doing 26 minutes of biking. That's inflated by at least a factor of 7. 200 calories is probably a more reasonable estimate (+/- 100 calories in either direction, depending on your weight, fitness level, intensity, etc).
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would say 1600 calories from 26 minutes on the exercise bike is wildly over inflated. What's your height/weight?
  • hipeeps3010
    Options
    Are you weighing your food or are you using measuring cups? Your diary looks like a mixture of cups and weights, but the weights are usually rounded -- are those from a scale?

The homemade entries -- are they your recipes that you entered or did you choose them from the database?

I just scan it don't really weight thing as a lot of the time am just eating salid and one chicken brest
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I just scan it don't really weight thing as a lot of the time am just eating salid and one chicken brest

If you aren't weighing your food, it is likely you are eating more calories than you think you are. Your diary shows foods besides salad and chicken breasts. And even if that was all that you ate, tracking the calories accurately would still help you determine why you aren't losing weight.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm seconding the theory that you're not burning as much on your workout as you think you are. 26 minutes on a bike would net me about 150-200 calorie burn. Granted, I might be smaller than you, but I doubt by that much.
  • hipeeps3010
    Options
    I would say 1600 calories from 26 minutes on the exercise bike is wildly over inflated. What's your height/weight?

I use the computer on the hardest level
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

The computer is obviously wrong. I mean it's SO wrong that I'm not sure that's even in the realm of possible.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just like human breasts, chicken breasts vary in size. You need to weigh your food or else you may as well log it as

chicken breast - 4 minutes
    salad - 3 miles
    rice cake - 59° C
    peanut butter - 4 tablespoons

I'm not trying to be mean but the above is how meaningful your food log is without accurate weighing/measuring and logging.
  • Krystle1984
    Options
    Exercise machines almost always overestimate calories burned. For me 26 minutes of cycling on high resistance would burn about 130-150 calories. Do you enter your height and weight on the machine? Age and gender? All will affect the number of calories burned.

I could run 5k and not burn nearly the amount of calories you're recording.
  • hipeeps3010
    Options
    are you weighing it on a scale? are you not logging anything (drinks, alcohol, etc)

and you could eat so much better (tasting and variety) food for the same amount of calories.

I only have water don't drink
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Exercise machines almost always overestimate calories burned. For me 26 minutes of cycling on high resistance would burn about 130-150 calories. Do you enter your height and weight on the machine? Age and gender? All will affect the number of calories burned.

I could run 5k and not burn nearly the amount of calories you're recording.

An additional frame of reference: I biked outdoors (up & down hills) for about two hours each the last two days, and my calculated burn was about half of that. And I think that's probably even a bit inflated.
  • hipeeps3010
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

The computer is obviously wrong. I mean it's SO wrong that I'm not sure that's even in the realm of possible.

I use a Reebok zr10 and read when tested they were only 7% out
  • Krystle1984
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I use a Reebok zr10 and read when tested they were only 7% out

I'll ask again - does the machine know your height, weight, age and gender?

Just to reiterate - you are NOT burning 1600+ calories by cycling for 26 minutes. Even if you were super morbidly obese you wouldn't pull off those numbers in that time frame.