Coffee??

Options
2»

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    The calories in sugar are only "horrible for your diet" if it causes you to go over your calorie allowance for the day/week. If it doesn't, there's nothing horrible about it. Enjoy your sugar.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    dpaden25 wrote: »
    I have a confession! I still use the plain ole white sugar to sweeten my coffee. I've tried honey, and doesn't sweeten for me. I know the calories , amongst others, are horrible for my diet. I just can't find any other way. Do I need to be using Raw honey for it to be sweet? What do you guys use to sweeten?

Thanks for any help :blush:

Sugar is fine! it's better than artificial sweetners. I use Sugar and log it.
    I don't eat anything "diet" including fake sugars

If you want to take sugar out, you can try honey?! It's not for me though. I eat so well the rest of my day that I don't mine the bit of sugar I put in my one coffee in the morning.
    Moderation.

• cassiemorris85
    cassiemorris85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The calories in sugar are only "horrible for your diet" if it causes you to go over your calorie allowance for the day/week. If it doesn't, there's nothing horrible about it. Enjoy your sugar.

That's what I am saying! If you're within your sugar allotment for the day then there is no problem with it. You can't eliminate all sugar from your diet completely. It's in everything! Fruit, vegetables, etc.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you can afford the calories, just use the sugar. I use truvia with coffee. Took about a month to get used to and I prefer it now.(in coffee only). I use sugar with everything else that calls for it in recipes. I just drink a lot of coffee and i'd rather the calories go to dinner.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I generally use sweet n low, stevia/xylitol mix, or sugar-free flavored syrup(Torani, Archer Farms, Starbucks, etc.) No reason not to use a little real sugar if it fits in your daily calories.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    honey in coffee? blarg!!! i just use plain ol' sugar. its really not that bad!
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sugar won't hurt anything as long as your logging it and not going over your goal.
    I use Caribou Coffee sugar Free caramel syrup it's vary sweet, low calorie and I don't need to use much.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sugar stabbed my dog in the face...

But who am I kidding...? I just can't stay made at it - c'mere, Sugar... ;)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my husband just mentioned the time he put vanilla in his coffee...it was pretty good actually if you don't mind flavors...12 calories per tsp.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add a sugar cube(15 calories) to my coffee. Sometimes it's straight up, fully leaded. That's just how I roll. Nothing wrong with having a little here and there.

For some reason I now can't quite shake the image of the body in your avatar with a black and white background and a dainty rose-emblazoned teacup with the dish full of sugar cubes that can only be fetched via small silver tongs :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I use raw sugar and half and half. I make sure it fits into my day and I don't worry about it. I'm not willing to give it up. I also measure each component.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said, log it, move on. It's fine. Sugar isn't a big deal unless you have a medical reason for watching your sugar consumption.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I use brown sugar splenda in mine, I like the flavor.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Coconut beverage from Trader Joe's. No sugar. I stopped using any form of sugar in my coffee and I'm seeing my stomach shrink. Certainly can't hurt. Sugar is sugar. BAD!
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for all the reassurance. Dropped the sugar in the coffee this morning - logged it, and kept it going!
  • ihaveeverythingineed
    ihaveeverythingineed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Raw sugar and whole milk