anyone else doing Herbalife

Options

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme, not nutritious, unnecessary.
    poppy wrote:
    I started Herbalife 2 months ago and so far it's been working really good (sic) for me ... So far ive (sic) lost over 20 lbs
    1 - If you started out 100+ lb overweight, losing 10 lb a month would be reasonable & could be healthy.
    Your ticker shows you've lost 9 lb, with only 22 to go.
    Stop losing so quickly. It's not healthy. WIth so little to lose, 0.5 lb per month is a good goal.

2 - Are you going to keep buying those (expensive) shakes the rest of your life?
    If not, why are you doing it now? You need to do something that you can maintain.
    Eat real food, in reasonable quantities, and move more.

3 - Hopefully when I get back to my home computer, I can find the link to post,
    but Herbalife has been linked to liver failure --> deaths.

51637601.png
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've actually found herbalife to be a very motivating for my diet personally. Before I discovered it I was really struggling to get in the zone and stick to my diet...

Then a friend of mine started harassing me on Facebook about buying her herbalife products. So now I'm completely determined to show her that I can lose more weight than her AND keep it off long after hers has all piled back on using only....gasp...healthy eating and exercise!

:D
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I've actually found herbalife to be a very motivating for my diet personally. Before I discovered it I was really struggling to get in the zone and stick to my diet...

Then a friend of mine started harassing me on Facebook about buying her herbalife products. So now I'm completely determined to show her that I can lose more weight than her AND keep it off long after hers has all piled back on using only....gasp...healthy eating and exercise!

You have my lawls. That's a good way to look at it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I was readying my snarky reply before I got to the last sentence. Well played.
  • SparklySarah412
    edited July 2015
    Options

I was readying my snarky reply before I got to the last sentence. Well played.

• SparklySarah412
    Options
  • crystlmnz
    crystlmnz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A family member used it for awhile and lost a lot of weight, but ended with a tumer in her brain. Doctors said it was from Herbalife......
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Didn't the guy that founded Herbalife kill himself?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

http://nypost.com/2013/08/17/death-of-a-dream-top-herbalife-pitchman-takes-his-own-life/

It was TL;DR, but some dude involved with Herbalife killed himself, apparently.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

http://nypost.com/2013/08/17/death-of-a-dream-top-herbalife-pitchman-takes-his-own-life/

Maybe from the guilt?

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Either that or too much hookers and blow.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

That's the way I wanna go. Either that, or getting my nuts caught in a combine.

Oddly specific...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

I'm assuming that he eats almonds to stay alive, and if his almonds are all destroyed, he would starve slowly, begging people for almonds until he takes his last breath.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

I'm assuming that he eats almonds to stay alive, and if his almonds are all destroyed, he would starve slowly, begging people for almonds until he takes his last breath.

I wonder if you could use a combine with your almonds to make clean almond milk?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

I wonder if you could use a combine with your almonds to make clean almond milk?

Not likely. A combine is a machine, and as we all know, machines are used in processing. Therefore, processed = unclean.

Keep your evil machines away from my almonds, good sir.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

Not likely. A combine is a machine, and as we all know, machines are used in processing. Therefore, processed = unclean.

That means no almonds or walnuts for you! You need at least one kind of machine to get at them, such as the Class 2 Lever below.

yq327wtp59n6.jpg
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    thecoker wrote: »
    I have used different things and Herbalife is one of them. However, as I started seeing results I lost my job and could no longer afford the products. I am trying ideal shape now and like it too. However, it has taken these 'products' that everyone is bashing to see HOW to cut back on my food and to really focus on what I eat (with the help of MFP). So if it is working for you- then stick with it! Ignore the haters! ;)

Let me translate:

Keep paying money for unnecessary and questionable products sold via MLM scheme. Since you're up for spending more needless funds, try this other questionable product that I use, too. Ignore the successful people here advising you to use this FREE app called MFP that actually works if used properly.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

That means no almonds or walnuts for you! You need at least one kind of machine to get at them, such as the Class 2 Lever below.

yq327wtp59n6.jpg

Nonsense - I use rocks. After all, we are descended from otters. Can't argue with science.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Maybe from the guilt?

Probably.

Oddly specific...

It also sounds horrible.

yq327wtp59n6.jpg

Nonsense - I use rocks. After all, we are descended from otters. Can't argue with science.

What kind of rocks though?

Sedimentary rocks are probably OK...but igneous ones were processed by volcanoes. And don't even get me started on metamorphic rocks...HOLY PROCESSING BATMAN.

#4thGradeScienceNerd