Losing a pound a day

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I also have been doing this going on a month and a half. I just got a Fitbit for Father's Day (dad was supposed to get it but said he'd rather see me use it so he gave me it, $145 I spent ....for myself...on Father's Day) the Fitbit is really incouraging and I've lost 12 pounds in a month and a half. I think that's really good and pretty healthy since I walk my @$$ off with 6 dogs and for a month 2 more dogs that weren't mine and I was babysitting

You lost weight but I am sure you lost a lot of whatever lean body mass(everything else that is not fat) with it too.

Entirely depends on starting weight.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I also have been doing this going on a month and a half. I just got a Fitbit for Father's Day (dad was supposed to get it but said he'd rather see me use it so he gave me it, $145 I spent ....for myself...on Father's Day) the Fitbit is really incouraging and I've lost 12 pounds in a month and a half. I think that's really good and pretty healthy since I walk my @$$ off with 6 dogs and for a month 2 more dogs that weren't mine and I was babysitting

You lost weight but I am sure you lost a lot of whatever lean body mass(everything else that is not fat) with it too.

12 pounds lost, 4 to go. Ticker may be wrong, but it suggests we're not talking about a morbidly obese person here.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

12 pounds lost, 4 to go. Ticker may be wrong, but it suggests we're not talking about a morbidly obese person here.

My guess is she didn't look at the profile.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

OP is eating 900-1100 (~1000 per day cal deficit) and is only 4lbs away from goal, so they probably started with less than 20 to goal. I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption.

OP, can you provide the stats requested earlier?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

My guess is she didn't look at the profile.
    Or read the part of thread in which the information was mentioned.

• chandelierbee
    chandelierbee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This probably won't end well.

OP, what are your stats?

Ht/Wt/How much do you work out.
    [/quote]

I'm scared now :/ I don't want to lose muscle or the little muscle I have. I'm 153, 5'8", athletic build an I workout (walk) 3x a day for 20-30 min bc I have to walk 6 dogs so I walk 2 at a time. I do interval training for 35 min on an app every other. And Ive been doing a lot of weight bearing chores and exercises. I like yoga/Pilates, body weight exercises and gymnastics.
  • yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RGv wrote:

OP, what are your stats?

I'm scared now :/ I don't want to lose muscle or the little muscle I have. I'm 153, 5'8", athletic build an I workout (walk) 3x a day for 20-30 min bc I have to walk 6 dogs so I walk 2 at a time. I do interval training for 35 min on an app every other. And Ive been doing a lot of weight bearing chores and exercises. I like yoga/Pilates, body weight exercises and gymnastics.

Do you feel the body weight exercises are too easy and its time to walk into the wonderful world of lifting weights?

• RGv2
    edited July 2015
    Options

OP, what are your stats?

You're already of a healthy weight.

According to your info you have a TDEE in the 2400-2600 range. If you're only eating ~1000-1300 calories you're eating at TDEE -60% or so. This is something that is extremely aggressive, and IMHO, that is setting yourself up for failure down the road.

Someone your ht and weight should be closer to TDEE -10%, and many would say get on a structured lifting program...along with your other exercise.

To me, it sounds like you're probably closer to a recomp than having weight to lose.

Edited to fix quotes.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    OP, it looks like you've been eating around 800-1000 calories below your goal for the last week. Stop doing that. Try to eat all of the calories you're given. If, in a few weeks, you're not losing at the pace you want, reduce the amount of exercise calories that you eat back.

• yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote:

OP, what are your stats?

According to your info you have a TDEE in the 2400-2600 range. If you're only eating ~1000-1300 calories you're eating at TDEE -60% or so. This is something that is extremely aggressive, and IMHO, that is setting yourself up for failure down the road.

Someone your ht and weight should be closer to TDEE -10%, and many would say get on a structured lifting program...along with your other exercise.

To me, it sounds like you're probably closer to a recomp than having weight to lose.

Edited to fix quotes.

If you put your name after quote= with the right brackets the quotes will work. Also since yours is the first quote. {quote=RGv2} (you know the right brackets) goes in the last place of quotes at the top. I figured that out like today.

too many people mess up the quotes and I never understand how.
  • chandelierbee
    Options

Do you feel the body weight exercises are too easy and its time to walk into the wonderful world of lifting weights?

[/quote]
    RGv wrote:

OP, what are your stats?

Not easy when I try to keep it up in 90 degree heat. Like I said, I do interval training (walking/running/sprinting).
  • RGv2
    Options
    RGv2 wrote:

OP, what are your stats?

Edited to fix quotes.

If you put your name after quote= with the right brackets the quotes will work. Also since yours is the first quote. {quote=RGv2} (you know the right brackets) goes in the last place of quotes at the top. I figured that out like today.

too many people mess up the quotes and I never understand how.

Yep. I just wanted to make sure their quote was in a box of some sort.
  • yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RGv wrote:

OP, what are your stats?

Not easy when I try to keep it up in 90 degree heat. Like I said, I do interval training (walking/running/sprinting).

Something tells me you might reevaluate that four pound goal.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm not sure. "I'm not excessively obese"...""I look healthy." Seriously, that's anything from 270lbs to 112lbs. People often have messed-up views of what they are. Look at the girls with eating disorders who think they're fat with a BMI of 17...and the others who declare that they look "too skinny" barely into the healthy range.

In this case, now that she's stated her weight, you need to up your calories by a solid 500-1000 cal quickly to just a 500-750 deficit, then maybe lose a little more (more slowly) before recomp.
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    I used to lift weights just now I'm interested in just using my body weight

OP, what are your stats?

Edited to fix quotes.

Ok. I want to know what my percentages should be to eat food bc I feel I have too much carbs listed as a goal.What is a recomp? And My overall goal is to way 120-130, if it's possible. The exercise give me extra calories to eat and I'm not starving myself. I just don't want to lose any muscle. I just want to lose my squishy-ness.whats a TDEE? Just everything is confusing! I'm just aiming for a calorie deficit to lose fat, and I thought being under my goals would get me closer. Personally my goal percentages are too high like the carbs and sugar, and not enough protein. I'm starting to get scared of what to eat. Just please someone help me, pretty please. MSG me, even though I'm losing weight, I'm feeling hopeless now bc I'm afraid I'm losing muscle, I have this obssession for years and never did I really get the answer I wanted. I feel what I'm doing now, I can do it every day. Just please I'm freaking out
  • RGv2
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to lift weights just now I'm interested in just using my body weight

OP, what are your stats?

Edited to fix quotes.

Ok. I want to know what my percentages should be to eat food bc I feel I have too much carbs listed as a goal.What is a recomp? And My overall goal is to way 120-130, if it's possible. The exercise give me extra calories to eat and I'm not starving myself. I just don't want to lose any muscle. I just want to lose my squishy-ness.whats a TDEE? Just everything is confusing! I'm just aiming for a calorie deficit to lose fat, and I thought being under my goals would get me closer. Personally my goal percentages are too high like the carbs and sugar, and not enough protein. I'm starting to get scared of what to eat. Just please someone help me, pretty please. MSG me, even though I'm losing weight, I'm feeling hopeless now bc I'm afraid I'm losing muscle, I have this obssession for years and never did I really get the answer I wanted. I feel what I'm doing now, I can do it every day. Just please I'm freaking out

TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

If your TDEE that I figured out and the amount of calories you claim to eat is accurate......IMHO, you're borderline starving yourself.

Recomp = A longer process of eating around maintenance and lifting heavy to maintain or build muscle mass while losing fat. When we lose weight we lose water, fat, and muscle (even more muscle in heavy deficits like yours while at a healthy weight.....like you). You may lose weight faster, but it's coming at the expese of muscle. We eat at a moderate caloric deficit and lift to maintain muscle mass while we lose mainly water and fat. This is where muscle definition comes from, stripping the fat away from the muscle you maintained giving you a lower BF%.

You can continue cutting at the extreme you are and get to 120-130, but it's possible your BF% won't change much, or you eat closer to maintenance, lift, and even though the scale may not change a whole hell of a lot, you'd have a lower BF%.

I highly doubt you have too many carbs listed for your goal, MFP carb goals can be notoriously low.

Don't freak out.....you're only 20. You have time to make mistakes and recover.