suggest the fastest calories burning gym machine please

Options
2»

Replies

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I always liked to Arc trainer by Cybex (with the moving arms, the other ones not so much). With max elevation and moderate resistance I could keep my HR in the 170-185 range for most of my workout. I would put the resistance high enough that I had to push and pull with my arms as well as working my legs.

Plus it's just really fun.

If you want even higher calorie burn but with zero fun, try the Jacob's Ladder machine. I've never managed to go more than 12 minutes, and that may have been the 12 worst minutes of my life. Peak HR was 204, which I'm pretty sure isn't good, lol.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    2014_Giant_Propel_Advanced_3.jpg
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    The barbell!

Rigger
  • jasminerz2015
    jasminerz2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barrytrory
    barrytrory Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine enjoy
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical! If I really push myself, I can burn 600 cals in an hour.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    For machines - sprints and intervals on the treadmill and rowing machine burn heaps for me. I love the rowing machine, I can push myself harder than with running.

Off the machines - burpees, wall balls, box jumps, squat jumps etc do the trick. Skipping is great and all you need is a skipping rope. 5 minutes of burpees will get the calorie burn happening!
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Crosstrainer/ Elliptical burns lots for me.