More carbs

Options
Ok. I have just had a series of bloods taken, 21 to be exact & according to that I am a healthy specimen...Hmmm. Fatigue is really getting me down, so because my bloods are normal, it is all due to carbs or lack thereof.
My carbs go over my recommended limit every day, so where do I go from here. Any suggestions please.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If your blood tests are normal, you can go over carbs. Get enough protein.
  • karenowen60
    karenowen60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I thought I was getting enough, I have protein with every meal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Imho, you're having plenty of carbs. You're not always getting at least 1200 calories, but you're getting enough carbs.
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    First of all, great news all tests are normal!! If theres a chance eating high carb makes you feel tired, then reduce your carbs for a week or 2. You don't have to go down to zero, just change things up and see how you feel.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Imho, you're having plenty of carbs. You're not always getting at least 1200 calories, but you're getting enough carbs.

Thanks, I thought I was, but apparently not.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    First of all, great news all tests are normal!! If theres a chance eating high carb makes you feel tired, then reduce your carbs for a week or 2. You don't have to go down to zero, just change things up and see how you feel.

Yes, in a way it is good news, but might have been better if they found something so I knew why I was so tired. Apparently it's not enough carbs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yes, in a way it is good news, but might have been better if they found something so I knew why I was so tired. Apparently it's not enough carbs.
    Again, I think you have enough carbs. In my opinion you DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CALORIES.

Regardless, good luck!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Your doctor told you the cause of your fatigue was lack of carbs??
  • karenowen60
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Your doctor told you the cause of your fatigue was lack of carbs??

Yes, she did because all the test came back normal,.She says I'm not having enough carbs, but my carb count is always above what MFP says it should be.
    I'm totally confused
  • karenowen60
    Options

Again, I think you have enough carbs. In my opinion you DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CALORIES.

Regardless, good luck!

Oh, so you think I should up my calories? I am on 1400 & lead a very active lifestyle. I play sport 4 days a week