Today is the day!!!

Options
sweetcherae
sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
Today is the day to start on my journey of good health. After my second child I'm finding it harder but I am determined to become a healthier me. Not only for my family but for myself. Life can get crazy busy, and stressful but if there's a will there's a way. I would love to meet new friends who can relate :-). So we can motivate each other to reach our goals. I am 32, and am at my heaviest of 185lbs, which is hard on my body especially when I'm only 5'1. My goal is to be down to 130lbs. I already am a very healthy eater, lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins, low carb, and sugars. I've never been a fan of soda, or high sugar beverages. I love my water. My problem is chocolate, and garlic salt. Today I start my Shaun T focus T25 workouts. Let's become friends. I would love to here how you are doing in your journey :-)

Replies

• Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi add me
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What a sweet post :)

I was 194lb last year and obese, and now 140lb. I'm a lot older than you, but please add me if you don't mind a much older gal x x Either way, good luck on your journey :)
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good on you ! No time like the present :blush:
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    Nothing wrong with salt unless you have a medical condition that asks you to keep it low.
    So enjoy the garlic salt

I just love flavor and wonder if that's why I retain so much water?
  • SimplySathy
    SimplySathy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck but you can do it! My 2nd pregnancy left me at 193lbs. I'm on Day2 of T25 Beta, weight 185lbs. :smile:
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    Good luck but you can do it! My 2nd pregnancy left me at 193lbs. I'm on Day2 of T25 Beta, weight 185lbs. :smile:

Thank you :-). And great job! How is the Beta compared to the Alpha set?
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me for support. I am the same height as you and started at 181 and now 128. So happy to support! ;)
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats. I was 450 last August. I am now 273. If you dont mind an older guy feel free to add me.
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Welcome and congrats. I was 450 last August. I am now 273. If you dont mind an older guy feel free to add me.

Congratulations :-). That's amazing :-)
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    Hi there! Feel free to add me for support. I am the same height as you and started at 181 and now 128. So happy to support! ;)

I would love to get pointers from you :-). Great job by the way :-)
  • jojo8974
    jojo8974 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can add me if you need some more friends on the same fitness journey!
  • nursegettingfit
    nursegettingfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Good luck on your journey! I am too a beginner! :) feel free to add me!
  • marielie20
    marielie20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 32 yo and I'm at 187 and 5'2" recently started using MFP and I'm loving it. My goal is 130.
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    marielie20 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm also 32 yo and I'm at 187 and 5'2" recently started using MFP and I'm loving it. My goal is 130.
    It's great to have someone who can relate :-). Good luck on your journey. I'll be cheering you on on the way :-)
  • SimplySathy
    SimplySathy Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I LOVE beta... more intense than Alpha but time goes by much faster lol. I am glad some of the workout includes weight training. The funnything is that I bought T25 almost 3yrs ago and hated it. Now I love it! I will be doing 21 days fix after T25. How do you like T25 so far?
  • sweetcherae
    Options

I LOVE beta... more intense than Alpha but time goes by much faster lol. I am glad some of the workout includes weight training. The funnything is that I bought T25 almost 3yrs ago and hated it. Now I love it! I will be doing 21 days fix after T25. How do you like T25 so far?

That's great to know thank you :-). It's going great :-). I stopped for awhile due to my leg going numb. Found out I needed different shoes and my nerves were acting up due to the excess weight. The workouts leave me drinched in sweat. I love it because I know it's working. I did it for 3 weeks straight and was bummed that I wasn't seeing results as fast as I thought I would but I'm giving it another try. I just have to remind myself to not give up and keep going and eventually I'll meet my goal :-)
  • hrtunstall
    hrtunstall Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)/welcome , mark