So I lost 4 lbs in 24hrs. Does that sound a bit off? ಠ_ಠ

Options
I don't really know how this is possible. I was kinda low on my calorie intake yesterday, about 750 short of my budget. I know that's way too low, but Adderall really kills an appetite. I did bust my protein budget though, and I did drink like 2 gallons of water through the course of the day -- but I was literally 4 lbs lighter this morning after my shower than I was when I weighed in the exact same way 24hrs prior. I haven't exercised in over a week, also.
Maybe it's just a fluke -- but should I be concerned, or just up my calories to get closer to my budget and stay that way and chock it up as my body giving me a little boost of confidence?

Replies

• sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Possibly water weight?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Probably just a fluctuation...If today is your weigh in day I might wait to log it until tomorrow to see if you stay at that weight
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    It's mostly water weight, and may come back - fluctations this big can be normal in many people, and may have something to do with medication, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just stick with your eating plan and try to get closer to your goal calories with healthy foods. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat, so it's pretty much impossible to lose 4 pounds of fat in one day.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    probably water weight and if you haven't worked out recently it could be muscle mass
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    It is normal for your weight to change throughout the day. You will weigh more at night than you do in the morning. That is why it is important for you to have an "official" weigh-in, once a week, at the same time of day. The morning is best. Weigh yourself before breakfast, but after bathroom. I am addicted to the scale, and will weigh myself throughout the day. It is not uncommon to weigh five or six pounds more in the evening than in the morning.
  • Churphy
    Churphy Posts: 5
    Options
    Yep, I weight myself after my morning pee right before I shower -- every. single. morning.

It was just kind of a shock to see a jump from 211 yesterday to 207 this morning.