Handy portion tip for junk food lovers / snackers

Options
2»

Replies

• faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    One thing I do that works for me is cut frozen pizzas up into fourths or thirds and then only bake one of those at a time.

Ooo that's a good idea. I tend to be the only one in the house that eats a certain way and its frustrating (but totally understandably from an economical pov) that everything out there being sold is made for 4 people, 6 people, etc, including recipes online!! :smile:

I always end up cooking a batch of something and having a fridge full of leftovers! Sometimes it gets annoying to have like 50 raw bliss balls I take weeks to finish and everyone around me do not want bliss balls they want smores melted hersheys sticky ooey gooey mud fudge crumble brownies.

I'm really daft when it comes to food and have only recently become used to the concept of adding or subtracting to a recipe to my tastes rather than blindly following a recipe. Plus I'm bad at math. Yes, cop out, I know. :wink:
  • Leesha387
    Leesha387 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of plastic. You must hate the earth.
    you can always wash the bags and use them again. We do that. same with plastic containers. and tupperware has some niffy reusable things
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    That's a lot of plastic. You must hate the earth.

This made me giggle. I used to do the same, but then I hate most things, the world is no exception.

OP-glad this helps you! This helped me a lot before I started using a food scale-but it never helped my bingeing. I would just eat every single baggy and basically wasted a bunch of plastic and time :smile:

I giggled as well.

@faithyang, thank you for the tip. :)
  • faithyang
    Options
    @SLLRunner , no worries! :blush:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    There are PORTION DISPENSERS you can buy on the market for under $150. Just dump your snacks in and you can set how much to portion out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • faithyang
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There are PORTION DISPENSERS you can buy on the market for under $150. Just dump your snacks in and you can set how much to portion out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thanks @ninerbuff I'll def look into that. :smile:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'd rather buy the more expensive smaller portioned things.... The cost makes me rethink buying them, often I don't bother, or they last me longer because I don't eat them often.

And stuff goes stale... Even in a zip lock bag...