Former college runner who got out of shape and slow.

Options
I'm new here and excited about this app. I am a former college runner who just let running get away from me after I graduated. When you drink more beers than miles you run, it catches up with you.

I was a 15:30 5K runner 9 years ago, but I ran over 21 minutes in my last race. I used to weigh about 130 and had gone up over 160 lbs. I'm guessing that at least somewhat goes hand-in-hand, and I'm tired of it. I know I'm only a bit overweight for my age/gender/height, but it's all relative, right?

Any other former college runners or athletes out there?

Replies

• rl8301
    rl8301 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was forced to stop running my senior year of high school when I was being treated for anorexia. Now I finally have the courage to start again. I'm only looking to lose 5 pounds at the most but I really just want to be strong again. I just ran a mile for the first time in years: ten minutes. Used to be six. 13 minute 2 mile. I'm scared that I already peaked and I'll never be that fast again, but I won't let it stop me from being my best now. If I get good enough I might even join my university's track team for my last year of college.