Non-Scale Victories, everyone!

Options
With all the focus on weight loss, let's get some NSV in the house- your wins that don't have to do with how much you weigh!

Today my boyfriend, who has almost a foot and a half and about a hundred pounds on me was goofing around and picking me up when I kissed him goodbye tonight. Jokingly, he said "Now me!"

AND I DID

I PICKED HIM UP!!!!!!

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk and met up with a very fit friend. My walking speed before meeting her was 18 minute miles. After it was 14 minute miles and I was able to keep up quite nicely thank you very much (I "run" at 12-13 minute miles).
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    With all the focus on weight loss, let's get some NSV in the house- your wins that don't have to do with how much you weigh!

Today my boyfriend, who has almost a foot and a half and about a hundred pounds on me was goofing around and picking me up when I kissed him goodbye tonight. Jokingly, he said "Now me!"

AND I DID

I PICKED HIM UP!!!!!!

I bet that felt awesome!! Nicely done!
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Went for a walk and met up with a very fit friend. My walking speed before meeting her was 18 minute miles. After it was 14 minute miles and I was able to keep up quite nicely thank you very much (I "run" at 12-13 minute miles).

Nicely done :D Awesome NSV!!

As for me, I've started to be able to hit the same kind of jogging/running endurance times that I used to be able to when I first applied for the Royal Marines. I was in my peak fitness then and I can really feel my endurance getting back to where I want it! (this time a couple of months ago it had really slipped!)
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Leg pressed 215! When I was heavy, I couldn't leg press HALF that. (Squats make my already bad knees worse so press works best for me)
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Double chin Gone , my jaw is finally taking some kind of form.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Twice this well I've actually gotten out of bed early (7am is early for me. I work late so 10 am is my usual time to get up) to run before it got too warm. Would never have seen myself doing that.

I'm having to pin up my work trousers as the next size down is a different cut and they're just a little too tight. Not into the visible panty line look. I have dropped a jeans size though.
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jee_nee_us wrote: »
    Double chin Gone , my jaw is finally taking some kind of form.

Along the same lines as this...I can see my cheekbones again! Hello there cheekbones, I've missed you! :D

• princessmommy47
    princessmommy47 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am heading on vacation today. Proud because I packed my workout stuff, workout log sheet, and lifting gloves. Making working out on vacation a priority is a first for this girl :)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy my workouts. :)
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can now reach down and pull the gas tank door release in the car (the one that's hidden down on the left side of the drivers seat) without opening the car door and undoing my seat belt. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    measuring tape victory down an 1in and a half in a month
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs comfortably. I actually need a belt. And I jogged TWICE around the track. In A Row! (I used to joke all the time, "I only run if something's on fire")
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of running shorts last night rather than ones that come half way down my calves. I have only before worn shorts that short when I was in a whole different country on holiday when I was 18 and no-one knew me. Last night I jogged in them near my home.
  • juliegreg2010
    juliegreg2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went shopping for my outfit for my daughters wedding and I was able to buy it in the regular department, not the plus size department. I was so thrilled. Also I took the stairs in the mall rather than the escalator and I wasn't out of breath afterward.
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My cycle shorts now look stupid on me and need to be replaced.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went shopping for my outfit for my daughters wedding and I was able to buy it in the regular department, not the plus size department. I was so thrilled. Also I took the stairs in the mall rather than the escalator and I wasn't out of breath afterward.
    This!!!!!!! What an awesome feeling!

• crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap! This time last year they were rubbing and I was thinking of getting bike shorts to wear under my dresses. This year there is a good inch and a half gap!
  • stina72682
    stina72682 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I stared down a box of Pudding Pops at the grocery store last night and won!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I can lean forward and grab my office phone without my boobs hitting a bunch of keys on the keyboard. Huge pet peeve of mine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!