Options
azucker88
azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
Ways to make them last longer????

Replies

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Freeze them individually and take one out at a time to thaw. We do this with all our bread products.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. Freeze them. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    We put our bread in a plastic bin with a lid. Keeps bread fresh much longer. The one we use is actually a cupcake carrier but any plastic box with a tight lid should work.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Agree with above. Freeze them. :)
    Ditto to this. They defrost really quickly. Almost immediately if put in toaster briefly!
  • afoust1986
    afoust1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ditto to freezing and ditto to keeping a small amount in a plastic bin - then you have some on-hand if you don't want to worry about thawing. I do this w/ the "sandwich thins" which are essentially the same thing :smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    Freeze them individually and take one out at a time to thaw. We do this with all our bread products.

This^

I store lots of things in the freezer during the summer months.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I keep a few in the fridge and the rest are frozen.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Freeze half fridge the other half
  • CaptBligh001
    CaptBligh001 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Freezing Pita ? YUK, Pita bread that was frozen isn't fit for Human consumption LOL..., I much like most Greeks prefer to buy Pita Freshly baked and whatever isn't eaten that day becomes bird food for the ducks at the park.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I found they last way way longer just putting them in the fridge. left outside of the fridge they would last a few days. In the fridge mine last well over a week.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I found they last way way longer just putting them in the fridge. left outside of the fridge they would last a few days. In the fridge mine last well over a week.

This ^