Can I eat what calfours I burned off?

Options
just want to know when I burn 500 calories at the gym, can I eat those calories.

Replies

• MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you want to. Just check the burn is accurate. Most people I've read say 50% so if you want eat back 250. Great way to earn a special treat.
  • mizukikuro
    mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Typo in title, oops! and that's awesome :) thanks!
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You should eat some back as fueling your workouts is important. Just make sure you are burning "net" calories and not just the calorie count from the machine. For example: most calorie counts off of a machine will give total calories (exercise + calories you would burn watching t.v. during that same time period). MFP asks for your activity level so I dont want to count those calories. Net calories are what you have actually burned off doing that exercise. I dont get too specific with mine (yet) I just overestimate my eating calories slightly and underestimate my exercise calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's how the app is designed to work. So, try using it that way. If you go three or four weeks and don't lose anything, try eating about half the extra calories it gives you and see how that goes. :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Assuming that everything it takes to make sure calories in is accurate as possible, and that your calorie burns are accurate, yes, you should be eating those calories back.