Entry Complete problem

Hello Everybody,

I have been using MyFitnessPal since march and was able to lost 30 pounds in 75 days thanks to this wonderful tool.

I updated the App in my iPhone but when I try to Complete a Daily Entry and I still have remaining calories because of my exercise, I receive the message "Based on your total calories consummed for today, you are likely not eating enough" and I can not see my projected weight in 5 weeks as I was used to.

My goal is 1.200 and today I ate 1.294 but burned 510 in exercise so I have left 416 but it gives me that error message; before it will Project my weight based on the calories consumed minus the exercise. Does any of you have the answer to this? Thank you very much.

Mauricio Zurita

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Mine only yells at me if I go under 1000. Exercise has no effect, though. I can eat 1200, exercise away 300 and not get the message. I kind of stopped looking at anything after I complete an entry lately, though.

The 5 week thing was never right for me, anyway.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Net more than 1,200 - there's really no reason to eat extremely low calories, makes it hard to get in all the nutrients, etc your body needs to function properly.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    you are not eating enough. also no need to complete an entry.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »

^This
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2014
    ana3067 wrote: »

^ yep this, mfp gives you calories back if you exercise because your body needs those calories, I know they are mostly exaggerated burns but at least eat 50% back.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Mauricio- I think now for men it tells you 'you're not eating over 1200' unless you're eating over 1500. I think they're possibly making changes and haven't changed the wording of the message yet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    mzuritac wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

I have been using MyFitnessPal since march and was able to lost 30 pounds in 75 days thanks to this wonderful tool.

I updated the App in my iPhone but when I try to Complete a Daily Entry and I still have remaining calories because of my exercise, I receive the message "Based on your total calories consummed for today, you are likely not eating enough" and I can not see my projected weight in 5 weeks as I was used to.

My goal is 1.200 and today I ate 1.294 but burned 510 in exercise so I have left 416 but it gives me that error message; before it will Project my weight based on the calories consumed minus the exercise. Does any of you have the answer to this? Thank you very much.

Mauricio Zurita

MFP is set up so that you should eat back exercise calories.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Mauricio- I think now for men it tells you 'you're not eating over 1200' unless you're eating over 1500. I think they're possibly making changes and haven't changed the wording of the message yet.
    As far as I know this is only in the app, and possibly only in the iPhone app. I would quit hitting 'complete entry' or try it on the desktop site next time.

• Moonsorrow1
    Moonsorrow1 Posts: 5 Member
    I had the same issue on my iPhone when the application updated. I didn't exercise today and my calorie intake was actually 40 cal over yet the app was telling me differently when I tried to complete my daily entry. I figured mfp had updated their calorie requirements and must have forgotten to adjust user goals automatically. So I went to the Goals tab in the app and changed from my goal of "lose 2 ibs per week" to "lose 1 ib per week". I refreshed the app by clicking on the home tab and then I finally returned to the Goals tab to change it back to "lose 2 ibs per week". It worked. Mfp updated my calorie intake and now it seems they require you to eat more than they used to suggest. I went from needing 880 calories to suddenly needing 1,200. Personally, as long as I'm below 1800 I lose weight so for me it's fine. However, as other users have said, you do need to replace calories if you lose them through exercise. hope that helps, I know I'm a bit late in the thread!