Advice Needed: Logging miles walked?

Options
Hello MFP People!
I am starting a new job this week and will constantly be on my feet and moving. I'm concerned because I have no clue on how to add this into my exercise diary on a daily basis. I'm a single mom, full time student and now with this new job not sure on how often I can get to the gym but want to add in the constant walking and moving that I'll be doing at my new job. Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You have 2 options:

Up your activity level to "active" - and then do not count it as exercise (you don't want to double count).

or

Wear a pedometer, and calculate miles from your steps .... it's something like 2000 steps for every mile.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Change your activity level (in your goals) to account for being on your feet all day.
  • mgriffin51
    mgriffin51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe get a pedometer to measure how many steps you take during the day. This could help you track how far you are walking. They have a few different kinds that you can get depending on how much money you want to spend, but a simple one that you clip on your waist would work fine.
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    i have a fitbit, it measures steps and miles for you. you can find it at fitbit.com and its about a 100 dollars which includes a free website. i use it and myfitnesspal both. good luck!
  • lovenhope00
    lovenhope00 Posts: 15
    Options
    my girlfriends wear a pedometer then you can tell how many miles you walked and then just put in those many miles at a very slow pace. :)
  • tracyklamo
    tracyklamo Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you!