Last day of school....

Options
It's the last day of school and I for one am very sad. Not because I don't want my son home because the kids are my life and him being home means more time for chaos/mayhem and tearing up the house. But it breaks my heart that he will never be a second grader again. That my little baby boy is growing up just seems like the saddest thing ever. I mean I don't want to hold him back, and I am happy that he is healthy & a terrific kid but he is about to be 8. They just grow up so fast. Any other parent wanting to freeze time today?
Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!!! Wish I could have frozen my son at 5, and he never went to school :wink: I always got to stay home and raise him! I love summer, just so I can spend more time with him.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yep:)) my son will be 10...I can hardly believe it!!! He has just finished the 3rd grade. My daughter will be three:( seems like yesterday I was pregnant w her:)) yes time flies!!!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Well, we've got until July before the end of the school year here in the UK, but today is the last day before a one week half term holiday. I have just discussed with my daughter (who is 11) that when she goes back to school on June 6th it'll be her last 6 weeks at Primary school. In September she starts Secondary school so, yes, I guess I am feeling a bit like time is going too fast! She's my baby, she can't possibly be going to big school already!!
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! That would mean my son would not be in Afghanistan, but here with me to make me laugh...he is such a prankster! My oldest daughter wouldn't be married, although I thoroughly enjoy my 2 granddaughters! At least I still have 2 at home, but wish I could freeze time so they wouldn't grow anymore. My daughter is going to high school next year! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The older you get the faster time seems to go!!!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean....my only child, my beautiful daughter is 16 and about to be a Junior in High School. I am so proud of the person she has become but it seems like only yesterday she was in elementary school! Time flies by so fast, we have to enjoy them for who they are at the moment because before we know it....... they are grown up! :ohwell:
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My youngest son has his last day of school today too, bye bye Sophmore hello Rising Junior. I have no idea where the time went! He's smart, he's funny and imho very handsome : ) I miss the days of him being little and being my baby boy, but so proud of the young man he's become. (btw...my oldest son turned 21 in April!!!).
    Enjoy each and every moment they fly by too quickly!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I don't want to freeze today, I want to go back in time. I have a 14, 15 and 16 year old. I miss them being younger, now they are mean ole teenagers.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My oldest son graduates Kinder in 2 weeks - I'd love to stop time today and let him be in Kindergarten forever...that means the others would stay little, too!! :ohwell: :happy:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    No kids here but both of my nephews grow like weeds. When my husband and I got together the oldest was 8- he's got a learner's permit now and we just can't believe it. The youngest is working on 4 months and I can't believe it wasn't literally yesterday that I held him for the first time. Time flies. Thanks SoldierDad for reminding us to make the most of this moment we have with the people we love!
  • melinda0878
    melinda0878 Posts: 31
    Options
    Im there with ya. My son is going to be in 6th grade and my daughter is going into the 4th. I don't know where the time went. I love watching them grow into wonderful respectful little people but at the same time I know I don't have much more time till there gone. It makes me so sad and happy at the same time. I know I'm going to spend a lot more time with them this summer. No more dad being the fun guy. Mom is going to be fun too ;)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options
    My "baby" graduates from his sweet little safe private school where we have been for 12 years (between him and his brother) and moves on to the big, bad, scary, public high school (which is a great school!). I'll be bawling like a baby tonight. But, he's so ready for a new environment and new challenges I'm excited at the same time. With a 16 year old and a 14 year old, we are starting to freak at the empty nest thing that is looming around the corner.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My youngest graduates next week. Off to college in the Fall. Dreading it. I miss her already.
  • bowend72
    bowend72 Posts: 5
    Options
    Freezing time would be amazing, even for just a short period. This year has been crazy because I had one graduate from High School and one graduate from Kindergarten. My oldest is going on to join the Air Force. I'm so proud of the person he has become and the fact that he wants to serve our country but I'm SCARED out of my mind at the same time.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Me too. My kids go til Wednesday, because of snow days. My son is a senior but has to retake a couple of one semester classes in the fall so I get him just a tiny bit longer. My daughter is finishing 4th grade. The worst part is that my son signed up for National Guard and will be gone all summer to Basic Training, and gone again as soon as he graduates for training and then either college or active duty. :cry: I am soooooo proud of him for wanting to serve our country and taking it so seriously (because he has often been a bit immature and I was not sure he would be ready for the "grown up world" at this point in his life, and he IS!), but it also scares me. A lot. It seems like yesterday that he was racing his toy cars on the floor all day long and not even in school. But I tell my kids that they will always be my babies even when they are 82. :love:
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    i refuse to freeze my assbags right now.

they are 2 and 10...meaning NO ONE LISTENS ever!!

so yeah, ill be sad when the 2 is older but right now id sell em off.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    i refuse to freeze my assbags right now.

they are 2 and 10...meaning NO ONE LISTENS ever!!

so yeah, ill be sad when the 2 is older but right now id sell em off.
    :huh: Really? "assbags" ?? No wonder they don't listen...
  • preacher_lady
    preacher_lady Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tried to freeze time with my three children .... IT DID NOT WORK! Now they are all three grown and I have seven grandchildren I want to freeze time with and it is not working either. Take advantage of every moment, Ed....it will be gone before you know it. I just wonder so many times where time has gone to. It even brings tears to my eyes at times. All I can do is hold precious memories in my heart and I wish now that I had made many more than I did. You're a great Dad! Don't stop doing what you are doing! You will never regret it!