Am I eating too much?

Options
latey I've been seeing a lot of people on hear saying that you should be hungry some if your trying to lose and I really haven't been hungry at all except for maybe a few minutes before I eat. Should I be eating less so I'm hungry more? This question seems really dumb so sorry if it also seems dumb to you

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be hungry, but isn't necessary.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You sound like my husband. He just doesn't get hungry. When he does get hungry it's a strange sensation to him. Me? I'm the hungry queen!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Most of the time I am not hungry. I do have days where I want to eat all the foodz and on those days I allow myself to eat to maintenance, but it's not everyday. Actually typically it comes about because I've been under my calorie goal by a couple hundred for a few days in a row. It just sort of catches up with me.

However the question should be: Have you lost weight while eating this way? If so, then there is no need to eat less. If your not losing weight, then you may want to re-evaluate.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Erm, no... Just use a tracker (e.g. MFP) to determine if you're eating the right amount.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Are you loosing weight?

No? Eat less.

Yes? Keep doing what you are doing.

I rarely feel very hungry now but when first started this I was ravenous all of the time. Everyone's body is different in how it reacts to being put on a diet.