Average weekly calories

Options
should I be more concerned about my weekly calorie intake or my daily calorie intake?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    That is completely up to you. Some people prefer weekly calories, some people prefer daily.
  • niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is completely up to you. Some people prefer weekly calories, some people prefer daily.

Oh so there is no right or wrong way to look at it then as long as your within you're intake! It's just sum days I eat less and was wondering is it ok to eat more on other days
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    yes, as long as your math skills are good :)

Basic subtraction and addition are considered good? I fear for our future.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

It's only a bit of multiplication, addition and perhaps subtraction. I don't think that's particularly hard and I suck at maths.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »

Have you seen the worlds grip on grammar?

*world's
    Haha sorry
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »

Have you seen the worlds grip on grammar?

*world's
    Haha sorry

Technically correct because it's possessive not plural. Well played.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I tend to average calories over the week. But it's really a matter of personal preference.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    isn't the apostrophe meant to replace a letter? Making that "Worldis" i suppose the Apostrophe could go on the other side like " Worlds' " lol

Jesus
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    isn't the apostrophe meant to replace a letter? Making that "Worldis" i suppose the Apostrophe could go on the other side like " Worlds' " lol

Jesus

Oh lord, what did i do now? haha

Is English perhaps not your first language? I would hate to be insensitive if that's the case.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Edited because I'm confused.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Off of grammar for a second, I've been wondering - how do you get the MFP website to calculate average weekly calories? I seem to be only able to get the app to do that.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Off of grammar for a second, I've been wondering - how do you get the MFP website to calculate average weekly calories? I seem to be only able to get the app to do that.

I just look at how much over/under I am or use a calculator. Unfortunately the site doesn't actually do anything useful with weekly averages.

I still have no clue why the app and website have some completely different features for no reason...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • Karwaiwesley
    Karwaiwesley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I think daily would be more critical.

I lost about 20kg over a period of 4 months. 1st 10kg was over a shorter period of time vs the next 10kg. With the 2nd 10kg, I found that by just shifting about 20-40% of my calorie intake from dinner to breakfast and lunch made more a of difference then spreading out the calorie count over the day or the week.

Wes
    niamh211 wrote: »
    should I be more concerned about my weekly calorie intake or my daily calorie intake?