Meat eaters

Options
xmikeyw
xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
We have the small rib cages, short guts, and big heads and brains of meat eaters, and if our ancestors hadn’t eaten meat and had a steady diet of the fish and shellfish that supplied the nutrients critical to brain growth, we wouldn’t have become what we are. It’s worth thinking about that as we debate the ethics and consequences of meat eating. If our ancestors hadn’t eaten meat, we wouldn’t be able to have that debate. Australopithecus afarensis Homo erectus

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why do people have to bring up such topics like this...

OP just opened a can of worms
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ya and now we have these nice beautiful brains and we can make the choice ourselves.

yawwwwn....move along.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Meh. Proud to be the apex predator. All else is here for my consumption. They can hurry up and evolve if they don't like it.

#human
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    This discussion also brought to you by beer, whiskey, corn, and wheat.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Judging by the reasons for reporting the OP, vegans don't know what spam is...

(I'm here till Friday, try the tofu).
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

:p You made this vegan chuckle!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ah the rampant misuse of the flagging system. Gotta love it.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,613 Member
    Options
    xmikeyw wrote: »
    We have the small rib cages, short guts, and big heads and brains of meat eaters, and if our ancestors hadn’t eaten meat and had a steady diet of the fish and shellfish that supplied the nutrients critical to brain growth, we wouldn’t have become what we are. It’s worth thinking about that as we debate the ethics and consequences of meat eating. If our ancestors hadn’t eaten meat, we wouldn’t be able to have that debate. Australopithecus afarensis Homo erectus

I'm a happy omnivore, but I respect the right of other people to be vegetarians and or vegans. I don't feel the need to try and convert them to my choice and I find that most of them don't try to convert me to their choice. Let's enjoy the fact that we are all different and get to decide for ourselves what to eat or not eat. No reason we can't be friends!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

Aaaah, vegans... Spam... I see what you did there :)

Yeah, if you wanted to report it as trolling, I suppose that would make more sense, but I'm amazed by how many people here don't know what spam is!

I'm not a veg, but just because we evolved using a particular behavior doesn't mean we must continue to use that behavior to continue to advance.

I do like a nice spicy tofu stir fry!