My calorie goals are both wonky...

Options
I have 2 goals on MFP. It started as 1400 and then moved up to 1600, even though I don't get that close to either. My diary says 1400 while my food logs fluctuate. Well if you take a look at my diary, Wednesday was messed up. It was like 300-400 cals left before. How do I fix all this madness?!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Have you got a fitness device like a Fitbit connected to your account? If you do, it'll automatically add calories as you burn them through the day if you walk more than the activity level you originally put into MFP. So if you tell MFP you're sedentary, then walk 10,000 steps, it'll automatically add the extra calories you've burnt.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean. When I look at your diary for Wednesday, it says that you ate 1,314 on a goal of 1,441. Do you mean you previously had 300-400 more calories available for the day?

• chandelierbee
    chandelierbee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean. When I look at your diary for Wednesday, it says that you ate 1,314 on a goal of 1,441. Do you mean you previously had 300-400 more calories available for the day?
    My goal should be 1600. And it says I only exercised and burned 23 calories? I put a pool up and ran 3 miles (interval training) I burned a lot more. To me it just changes... My diary says I have 1400 calories to eat total while my recent log says I have 1600 total

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    My goal should be 1600. And it says I only exercised and burned 23 calories? I put a pool up and ran 3 miles (interval training) I burned a lot more. To me it just changes... My diary says I have 1400 calories to eat total while my recent log says I have 1600 total

What do you mean when you say 'my dairy says I have 1400 calories to eat total while my recent log says I have 1600 total'? What do you mean by 'recent log'?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

How are you recording your exercise burns? Do you have a device or did you manually enter the exercise?
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    I have a fit HR which I just let take control. But if you notice other days I burn 200-400 calories from exercise alone
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a fit HR which I just let take control. But if you notice other days I burn 200-400 calories from exercise alone

Fitbit adjustments are the difference between your Fitbit burn (which is TDEE) and your MFP activity level. They change each time you sync your tracker with Fitbit. Click on any adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had a weird thing a few weeks ago when I'd run guided goals to see what my maintenance calories were supposed to be at different levels of activity and then switched to custom goals without changing my activity level from (I think) sedentary.

Even after I'd set my custom goal for 1750 it kept changing me back to 1470 (which is what MFP thinks is maintenance for me if I'm sedentary) or else not posting the "under her calories" message if I closed at some number like 1690 that should have been under my goal. I finally had to rerun it with my activity level as active and then switch to a custom goal under the number I'd gotten.

I heard from a few people in my feed who were having similar issues.

Was it something like that? I think it was a bug.
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    Okay, it's all fixed now...weird. But thanks for the insight