losing weight very slowly?

Options
2»

Replies

• kfragola95
    kfragola95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 160 lbs on the 23rd of June. I have lost 5 lbs since that time. I was really excited. I hope to get down to 127 lbs but I realize it will take time.
    Keep it up, I think you are doing great!
  • tawana_hendrix
    tawana_hendrix Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the advice everyone! :) i realized i was being too hard on myself, and i actually feel really good with healthier eating/working out.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great.

In your case I think 1 pound per week would be better.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're also focusing on creating eating habits that are sustainable. Cutting out entire groups of foods rarely is something that will last. Give yourself room for an occasional treat. :blush:

Personally, I don't believe in "good" or "bad" foods. I believe there are "healthy" and "less healthy" foods. While I try to find/make some healthier versions of my favorites, in some cases, nothing replaces the real thing!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Probably lost water weight mostly.
    Hi everyone,
    I've been eating healthy and working out for 19 days (3 weeks on Monday), and I've only lost 5 pounds. I started at 155 and am now 150, but I work out 4-5 days a week, and push myself hard. I do about an hour of cardio (elliptical & treadmill) to the point where I'm going as fast as I can. I'm also doing weights - legs, arms, and ab machine. I eat about 1200-1400 calories a day and have cut out all sweets, soda, fried food, fast food, basically anything bad, and have been eating lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, and water. Any tips on how to lose weight faster? 5 pounds in almost 3 weeks seems pretty low for how hard I've been pushing myself & how strict I've been with my diet. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that I'm lifting weights, but I'm trying to get to 140 and it's getting frustrating to step on the scale and see that I'm maintaining my weight. Thanks!

I don't agree with cutting out stuff... deprivation leads to binging the majority of the time.

Weight lifting has nothing to do with it. It's not like you're going to be gaining muscle in a deficit because you're a woman; your caloric deficit deters you from doing so.

I reckon you are eating more than you think you are.

If you aren't satisfied with the weight loss because you are 'pushing yourself'; you're doing things which don't even effect weight loss. Cutting out 'bad foods' doesn't do anything.

I doubt it, her rate of loss is already high for her weight. It's not like she's actually struggling to lose weight. At least, even if she is eating more than she thinks, I don't think that's the problem here - the problem is her unrealistic expectations.

I do agree with everything you've said, I just don't think the problem is anything to do with her eating/exercise habits.

Derp I meant to edit that bit out which was in bold (the first bit) :(

Haha, gotta be faster! :P

It's friday ok ;)

dw

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thats not slow, thats exactly where you should be at! Be proud of that :)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your right on track... In fact we are Similair stats and its taken me longer to lose
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time. Five pounds in three weeks is wonderful! It's not slow!

If you feel like you're killing yourself, slow down. Let it come off a little slower.

Short of starvation, there is no fast way to lose weight. It takes a lot of work for a long time. Maybe not as hard as you've been pushing, lol, but it takes work, time and buckets of patience. Hang in there, do the work and it will happen. :)
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your body is now using fewer calories to maintain your weight and because of your lower weight, it will come off slower. Trust me, most of us would love to say we only have 10 lbs to go. Get a fat loss monitor because fat loss may or may not show up on the scale. Don't go under 1,200 calories.