Best protien powder

Options
looking for what others think is best protien powder and best tasting flavor and of course would love one that does not produce protien clouds

Replies

• sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Beverly international Ultimate Muscle Protein. Great product overall and in my opinion the best taste overall the rest.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks, never heard of that but will check it out
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's personal preference. I go with cheap because I go through a 2lbs tub in about 4 days. Walmart sells a brand called Body Fortress, and costs about $18. I only like Strawberry, so I stick with that.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I really like Terra's grass fed whey.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eas chocolate powder yumm
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used Isopure all my life but it was getting expensive. BB.com has muscletech on sale 2 for 1 for 29.99. Its not the best but does the job.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I have tried lots of them, my favorite is ARO.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I've been using AllMax Hexapro. Happy with flavour, texture, etc.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor - try to eat real food as your protein. Other than that, look into truenutrition.com and mix up your own.

Beverly International is ridiculously overpriced as are most of the other suggestions you have gotten. Price out grand of protein per dollar and you will see what I mean.

• MandaAT
    MandaAT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots. My fav is Plant Fusion which I buy from Amazon. Plant protein and low carb!
  • DDEANG2015
    DDEANG2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really really like six star protein isolate .
    Got it a walmart for 13 or 14 dollars, big can.
    2 carbs , 70 cals and tastes great.
    Works to curb hunger too, can get away from eating a meal with it usually.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Gaucho Mark, I agree with getting protien with real food, hoping to start meal prepping so I will but sometimes my protien powder is so convient. Drinking On Gold Standard & Cellucor powders but want to try others.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake every work day while I'm commuting. Fitness Labs six protein blend in chocolate. With powdered peanut butter. YUM! During my lifting workouts I drink Isopure Strawberries and Cream, it has electrolytes.

For smoothies, I add Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein and/or Fitness Labs Six Protein blend in Vanilla.
  • heyllana
    heyllana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I avoid sugar in protein powders--hemp is ok but not my favourite flavours. I like the ingredients in Almased (GNC carries it). Has anyone else tried Almased?
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress whey isolate - chocolate - it's affordable and grams/protein to grams/product is 78% which is not excellent but it's not just awful. I am for a 28-30 g serving which is about 100 calories. I like chocolate so I add 10g of unsweetened cocoa powder to it :)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Optimal Nutrition is pretty reputable, mixes well and tastes nice. 24g per scoop. I think that I might try a brand called "My protein" next who I currently buy my creatine from.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Body Fortress whey isolate - chocolate - it's affordable and grams/protein to grams/product is 78% which is not excellent but it's not just awful. I am for a 28-30 g serving which is about 100 calories. I like chocolate so I add 10g of unsweetened cocoa powder to it :)

I've never had it (I don't think it's available in the UK), but I heard that they did some consumer tests with that particular brand and took it to a lab to test the Whey protein content in it. Apparently they were using fillers and poor grade Amino acids to fill it out and it damaged their reputation a bit. The Hodge twins address it on their latest You Tube video if your interested.
  • lilysmom0412
    lilysmom0412 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Profit by it works! I have the creamy vanilla, 100% plant based and no added crap to it. That's what I like about it and low calories per serving!
  • heyllana
    heyllana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Profit by it works! I have the creamy vanilla, 100% plant based and no added crap to it. That's what I like about it and low calories per serving!
    Where do you get it?

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I prefer buying my protein powders in the stores or from Amazon, personally.

I like stuff that tastes good. I've liked PES Select Snickerdoodle, Quest Peanut Butter and Quest Vanilla. I didn't think much of the Quest chocolate.