When will all my work start paying off?

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I saw no improvement at all for months, then suddenly after about 4 months the weight started falling off, and I lost 11 lbs in a few weeks. Then it stalled for 5 weeks. I am hoping it's started coming off again now. Am going to weigh on Sunday, but my clothes are loser again.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The pay off starts when you start and stops when you stop. So don't stop. :flowerforyou:

For me this about changing my life up, keeping track of things, and changing old habits for new ones. I will not give up this time because this is not a 'diet', this is life. I can get frustrated, but I cannot and will not give that up. :drinker:

...not to mention hypothyroidism is not a fun battle to fight, but it is one worth fighting.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It seriously will start coming off. I was in a 5 week plateau and feeling pretty discouraged. I stuck to it, started zig zagging a bit and bam... 2lbs off in the last 2 weeks. awesome. be patient, and just focus on living.
  • MsTamzyK
    MsTamzyK Posts: 45
    Options
    It takes a while for your body to adjust to your new routine. I don't believe you can change your metabolism in 7 days. If you eat healthy on a consistent basis, make sure you reach your calorie goal and get some rest, I'm sure the scale will turn in your favor. Weigh in on Monday and see if anything has changed.

P.S. 3 hours a day seems a bit much....slow down :-) Make sure that you are eating enough calories to cover all the exercise time you're putting in.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    It will pay off for sure, but it takes time! As they say you didn't gain it in a week, you won't lose it in a week!! But hang in there. I agree with the others, 3 hours seems like a lot, so you'll have to be making sure you are eating back your exercise calories for sure. Your diary is not open so I can't really speak on how you're doing there!! Hang in there though!! Keep at it and you'll get there!! I gave myself a year to lose 80 pounds, and in six months I'm 1/2 way there... so it does happen. I know the feeling to get frustrated too, I plateau, lose, plateau, lose, gain a little, plateau, lose... it can drive you crazy if you don't look at the big picture!! :flowerforyou:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    This is why I can't be a scale junkie. it took me 47 years to get this fat, I cannot reasonably expect to see it drop off in 1 week.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It might take a while to see the results, but on the plus side by exercising and losing weight you're dramatically increasing your life expectancy.

So, for the last few years of your life the results will be truly awesome - you'll be alive for a start! :bigsmile:
  • jelloabz
    jelloabz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just try to be patient. I still don't understand the whole "eat your calories back". Doesn't make sense to me cuz I figure the 'bigger the deficit in calories, the more pounds lost'.

As far as my exercising, I've mostly been doing classes at my gym. Spinning, Yoga, Zumba, sculpting (toning with weights), walking/running with my dog. Each class is an hour. Going to try and start swimming too. Also play basket ball, and if it ever stops raining here we'll start pick up soccer too. Signed up for a boot camp that starts next week.

I've been trying to watch my portions. Trying to get a lot of protein. Trying to eat more fruits and veggies. (ordered myself a bountiful basket :) and get it today. excited about that.) Trying to watch carbs as well....

Just gotta stick with it and not get frustrated. But it's hard.