Does the hunger ever stop?

Options
I am constantly at least low level hungry. I miss feeling full. I am trying to get the right amount of fiber and protein and water to help with fullness, but I am still constantly hungry.

Will this ever stop?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For me i wasn't hungry at all except for a couple of days.
    But very different for every person
    I load up on veggies and fruit lol

How much are you eating, moving etc.Maybe you are restricting your self to much.

Open you dairy so people maybe can suggest certain foods that will help you
    Some people need more protein and fats etc.

But like i said different for every person
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I, too, am curious what you're eating on a day-to-day basis and what calorie level you're shooting for. If you're eating, say, 1000 calories under your TDEE, yeah, you're gonna always be hungry. But if you're, say, at a 250 calorie per day deficit and you're "always hungry" then I would guess there's something else going on. Eating too low percentage of fat or too many simple sugars, thyroid imbalance, etc.
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I, too, am curious what you're eating on a day-to-day basis and what calorie level you're shooting for. If you're eating, say, 1000 calories under your TDEE, yeah, you're gonna always be hungry. But if you're, say, at a 250 calorie per day deficit and you're "always hungry" then I would guess there's something else going on. Too low percentage of fat or too many simple sugars, thyroid imbalance, etc.

Not always true like i said i was only hungry for a few days, till i found out what it was and what to eat so i dont feel hungry. And i had a deficit of 1000 calories

• alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ooops! I didn't realize my diary was private. I opened it.

I am shooting for a 500 calorie deficit, but there are days it is a little more. I just started a few days ago, so I guess my body might just be adjusting...I just don't want to fail because I can't get through the adjustment period.
  • WBB55
    edited July 2015
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I, too, am curious what you're eating on a day-to-day basis and what calorie level you're shooting for. If you're eating, say, 1000 calories under your TDEE, yeah, you're gonna always be hungry. But if you're, say, at a 250 calorie per day deficit and you're "always hungry" then I would guess there's something else going on. Too low percentage of fat or too many simple sugars, thyroid imbalance, etc.

Not always true like i said i was only hungry for a few days, till i found out what it was and what to eat so i dont feel hungry. And i had a deficit of 1000 calories

Sorry, I should have added that many people find they are continually hungry if they have greater than a 1000 calorie deficit every day on average. Thank you for helping me be more precise with my words.

Edit to add that based on the OP's picture, she should not be at a 1000 calorie per day deficit. Very few people with less than 50 pounds to lose should use the "two pounds per week" setting.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and smoke during hard times. Keeps the hunger at bay for the time being.
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ibnfaqir wrote: »
    I drink coffee and smoke during hard times. Keeps the hunger at bay for the time being.
    LMAO. #RealTalk

• BWBTrish
    Options
    Ooops! I didn't realize my diary was private. I opened it.

I am shooting for a 500 calorie deficit, but there are days it is a little more. I just started a few days ago, so I guess my body might just be adjusting...I just don't want to fail because I can't get through the adjustment period.

i would try adding more veggies to your daily intake. That's how i do it Veggies and fruit. Not saying it will help but it certain can. Look how you react and feel
    I think my daily intake on a 1400 calorie diary is at least 400 gram of veggies and about 200 gram of fruits.

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    After my first 2 weeks it was pretty simple and a lot less hungry. I only had 2 days out of those 2 weeks where I felt I was starving so I ate a little over those 2 days and got right back into it.
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Alliegator!
    I have been calorie counting for 6 or 7 weeks now, and I remember the first fortnight was a living Hell! I just wanted to gnaw my own arm off, seriously! :o
    It got better after the first fortnight or so, as I gradually got used to eating smaller portions. For me personally, I find that I always feel much less hungry after I have exercised, and also the exercise gives me extra Calories to play with for when I really need them.
    I am sure that, over the next week or two, you will figure out your own coping strategies. You may wish to keep some low-calorie snacks available at all times in the meantime, so you can eat before you feel too hungry.
    Good luck!
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options
    just looked at my dairy lol today only around 700 gram of (fresh) vegetables
  • alliegator89
    Options
    ibnfaqir wrote: »

Ah so true! Except I quit smoking this year so just coffee for me now.
  • alliegator89
    Options
    And hearing that it will get easier in 1-2 weeks is helpful. :smile:
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Change to some lower calorie substitutes so that you can eat more of them [500 calories can be very little food, or a lot of food, depending on what you eat]. After all, would you rather have a Big Mac and large fries as your only food for the ENTIRE DAY [and be starving later], or would you prefer a banquet of lower-calorie yummies to eat until your heart's almost-content throughout the day [overeating is still bad]?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For me honestly I'm hungry most days except that one week a month when I'm not. But it's probably my own fault as I love my treats, but still, even eating 1600 calories of better choices, I get hungry a lot. Veggies worked for a bit but now they make me bloated, not comfortably full...

ETA: took me longer than it should have to figure out that you're not tracking carbs.

I'd just make sure to hit your protein and fat goals every day.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    So, I scanned back through a few days of your diary, just to see if there's some pattern.
    1. Your calorie allotment is pretty generous, so you have a lot of room to work with.
    2. Your average protein intake is a bit low, maybe boosting that will help you feel more full
    3. You could add some low calorie veggies for more bulk as well (broccoli, beans, etc)

Experiment around a bit and try to find a mix of foods that helps you feel more full. The good news is you have room to work with.
  • WBB55
    Options
    I think your calorie target is fine, and I'm not saying you can never have shakes and alcohol, but just keep in mind that that's 300 calories that could be going to make you feel more "full." But honestly, I think you just need a couple more weeks, to me it looks like you're doing great. You'll tweak things as you keep going and get better at listening to your body and what makes you happy in the long run.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I am constantly at least low level hungry. I miss feeling full. I am trying to get the right amount of fiber and protein and water to help with fullness, but I am still constantly hungry.

Will this ever stop?

No.

It will be like this until we die.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a game: the hunger game.