SHORTY'S 12 Week Challenge! (Read more!)

Options

Replies

• KristinAshli
    Options
    Week 7 Chart is complete! We had a lot of people lose this week, GREAT JOB!! Let Week 8 begin!

Week 8 Mini Challenge:

What has worked for you? Tell us what kind of calories you have been intaking with or without exercise. Tell us what exercises you have been doing that has worked for you. GO! ;)

Week 7 Chart:

ShortysWeek7.jpg

ShortysWeek7Results.jpg
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Chart is complete! We had a lot of people lose this week, GREAT JOB!! Let Week 8 begin!

Week 8 Mini Challenge:

What has worked for you? Tell us what kind of calories you have been intaking with or without exercise. Tell us what exercises you have been doing that has worked for you. GO! ;)

Week 7 Chart:

ShortysWeek7.jpg

ShortysWeek7Results.jpg

oh man I am the only on who gained this week :sad: :sad: :embarassed: Made some changes to my calories and I think it had me gain weight but going to try it out for two weeks since they say that is how long it takes for the body to get used to a change and see how it goes
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @weightloss-- Hang in there. I have been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for almost the entire challenge. Grr!!

Congrats to all the losers this week--you guys are insane! I love it!
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options

Week 8 Mini Challenge:

Week 7 Chart:

ShortysWeek7.jpg

ShortysWeek7Results.jpg

i cant see the chart!!!! whats happening!!!!
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Weightloss32...i gained too! I realized i did not fix my information! Okay...so i gained with you :/ BOO! We are going to do good next week! KrazyKay...im not sure why you cant see it, can anyone else see it?
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    I think my problem is my broweser at work cause I pulled it up on my phone and could see it. No worries kristen!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I was so close to staying in the 140s!!! Tasted it one day, was 149 day before weigh-in and then back up....oh well, soon! Yeah!....I'm totally in for continuing, just an extra source of accountability and motivation, and I love that we're all in the same height range :-) My latest goal has been to keep up with 3x week weight training which I did for the 2nd week, but unexpected added in this week is c25k program. I'm not supposed to be running yet (still healing from a marathon injury), but I LOVE running, and this is gradual walk/running so I'm hoping it won't aggravate my left hamstring and lower back too much. Another week! And a tough holiday weekend to get through, we'll do it!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What has worked for you? Tell us what kind of calories you have been intaking with or without exercise. Tell us what exercises you have been doing that has worked for you.

I've been doing the Shred and the C25K. I'd throw in another day of cardio like JM Yoga Meltdown or Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. I also have been drowning myself in water and keeping a close eye on my sodium intake. It seems to work for me.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me? I'm not sure if anything really has worked. I've been stuck in the lower 130s for a while now. Today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound! I know what isn't working, and that is sticking to the diet and exercise routine Monday-Friday and then being lazy and eating like a crazy person on Saturday.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Haha, well not much has been working for me lately either! I weigh more now than when this challenge started, lol!

But I've been focusing on cardio the last few months and I'm starting realize that I need way more strength training and less cardio at this point. I've been trying to zigzag my calories but it's hard to tell if that's really working either. I've been around the same weight for quite a while now. I might just go with eating cleaner, somewhat varying my calorie intake (at least having high, medium, and low days) and strength training 3X a week instead of just 1. We'll see if that helps...
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would like to take part in the next challenge!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Nothing has worked for me since I am still stuck in the 150's but trying out some new things to see if it makes a difference
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I am NOT looking forward to the weigh in this week. I was doing REALLY well with my new diet plan- courtesy of my boyfriends best friend who is a trainer, but the weekend in California undid all my hard work up to this point. I'm back on track though, and I start P90x on June 6th with another group. The last time I failed miserably, so this time I just want to stick with it and stop making excuses!
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    Nothing has worked thus far...... What am I trying now to get back on track?

*I have joined Weight Watchers and it seems to be helping.
    *I have started C25K and I REALLY like it.
    *I have joined another group to work on keeping me motivated to do C25K.

Maybe when we start the new group I can update if any of these things are working for me.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    So, I'm up a pound from last week. I'm frustrated, but should be happy that this weekend only cost me a pound. I know what I ate, and it wasn't good. Time to get back on track. The next time I should have any temptation is on June 17. That's two weeks away. I can do a lot in two weeks, right?

Challenge Information:

Height: 5'0"
    Starting Weight: 136.8
    Last Week's Weight: 130.8
    Current Weight: 131.8
    12 Week Goal: 125
    Total Pounds Lost: 5
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I weigh in this morning at 157.6. Welcome 150's!! Just don't stay to stay too long!! Lol.

I am just exercising (mostly JM dvd's) and watching calories. I usually go over a day or two a week. I really watch and make sure I am under for the week, instead of worrying about the day. I gave myself a break last week from working out so hard and dropped more weight by doing that. I have been trying to drop weight for years and this is the first time I have successfully dropped weight consistently. Everyone have a great day!!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    Congrats to Susan for entering the 150s!

I weigh 131.4 again today. Same as last week. :)

Hope everyone had a great week!

I'm heading away on holidays tonight, so I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be posting a gain next week.
  • astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    Options
    I gained this week as expected. I weighed in this morning at 151.6 which gives me a 1.8 gain. Also I just noticed last weeks info on the chart was wrong for me I weighed in at 149.8 :)

As for calories this week I didnt even count them I went away for the holiday and I drank and ate extremely bad, I havent exercised at all, so my goal for this week is to make better food choices and count my calories and also try to exercise everyday even during this nasty hot weather.

goodluck shortys!!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Shortys!!

I came in at 171.8 this morning. I was surprised that I lost ANYthing. I kinda watched what I ate, but I can't speak for the drinks. Tee hee. But I'm keeping my head up and truckin along.

Keep it going shortys!! =D
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    I didn't lose or gain last week which I expected because of my start of C25k and because I didn't eat too well or too terribly over the long weekend! Good luck with next week everyone!