Just Need Some Friends For Support!

Options
Hi! My name is Kate and I am 20 (21 in August), I currently weigh 140 lbs. This is the most I've ever weighed, and although I realize for a lot of people it's not all that much I saw myself on a trend going ever higher, both my parents and grandparents have a lot of health issues due to being overweight and not having healthy eating and exercise habits. My goal is to get down to 120 and stay there, be healthy, and stay consistent.
My goal is to lose my 20 lbs by October 8 which requires me to lose a little over a pound a week. I've tried to work out and lose weight several times over the last couple of years as I saw my weight ever growing higher, and I wish I'd stuck with it and never let myself get this far... just over a year ago I was 125 and my goal was well within reach if I'd just kept up my hard work. So I'm looking for other people who will encourage me on days when I really don't feel like doing anything, and to celebrate with me when I meet little goals along the way over the next 14 weeks!

Replies

• BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kate!
  • mkzambrzycki
    mkzambrzycki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Kate! My name is Melissa, I'm a 34 yo mom of four training for a marathon. I've gotten off track with my clean eating and put on 5-7 pounds. I need some support and motivation too :) I'm currently at 131lbs, but was at 125lbs when I started training. My goal is 120lbs also. Maybe we can check in with each other once a day or so to keep each other accountable.
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am Kelly, I gained weight over using prescribed medication, 60 pounds to be exact. I was 205 when I started this, I am at 174 now and still trucking, My goal would be around 130-140 (since I am tall) and I log daily if you would like to add me :)
  • jagroce314
    jagroce314 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Kate! I'm Julie, also looking for encouragement and support. Although I haven't gone up, I haven't gone down in a while either. I need a little extra support and a nudge in the right direction. We could keep each other motivated!
  • slcinwa
    slcinwa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate - I'm old enough to be your mom but I want to say how wonderful it is you're realizing how important eating healthy and maintaining a healthy weight is when you're young. I wish I had taken a good look at my own parents and grandparents when I was young. I'm tall (5'8") and weigh more than ever right now. I've struggled with yo yo diets pretty much all my life. I saw a nutritionist last week and am really focusing on eating healthy and getting 100 pounds off by June 2016. I would love to support you any way I can. :)