How did this happen?

Options
Weight gain. How did you pound on the weight? Stress? Pregnancy? Hereditary? Etc? Health Issue?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Food in mouth disease.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Weight gain. How did you pound on the weight? Stress? Pregnancy? Hereditary? Etc? Health Issue?

there is only one answer to that
    Gain weight is eating surplus

Stress , health issues etc are reasons why people ate more.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I've been over a healthy weight since 6th grade. I followed in my family's foot steps when it came to food...just too much. I never watched anyone eat in moderation, so I didn't either.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Food in mouth disease.

LOL!
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Food in mouth disease.

What a coincidence, that's EXACTLY what I had. What are the chances, aye?
  • Cthululululu
    Cthululululu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me it wasn't eating more, it was eating the same but being way less active.

I used to spar every day.
    Run with my dogs a few miles.
    Load trucks for hours a day five days a week.

BOOM, back injury happened.
    Couldn't run, fight, or load the packages into the trucks.

Months of physical therapy, physical limitations, chiropractic appointments, and zero decrease in my appetite (or the amazing taste of my mom's home cooking). Before I knew it I has expanded exponentially and now my back is better, but I have to work my way back into my old level of physical activity.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Food in mouth disease.

You're my new favorite, sir

I gained by eating more and moving less.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I've been over a healthy weight since 6th grade. I followed in my family's foot steps when it came to food...just too much. I never watched anyone eat in moderation, so I didn't either.

I am sure you hear this all the time but you're an inspiration, you look amazing.
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy! !!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I am sure you hear this all the time but you're an inspiration, you look amazing.

Thank you, so kind!
  • Strawili
    Strawili Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Asthma as a child, PCOS after puberty, ate away my sadness, ate away my self-conscious issues, ate a bit more. I didn't exercise nearly as much as I should've, preferring to hide away behind my computer for most of my teenage years.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Food in mouth disease.

You're my new favorite, sir

I gained by eating more and moving less.

*shucks* You're making my muzzle blush...
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Last pregnancy at age 37, moving from TX to a cold climate where I was way less active, going thru a divorce and then the stress of raising three teenagers alone. But now I'm back in the game! Woo hoo!
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Food in mouth disease.

Best answer :smiley:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just wanted a lot of delicious food and didn't care about getting fatter.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I ate too much. I don't try to blame it on anything else.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No one in my family ate well so neither did I. My dad would sit the couch an watch tv while eating a whole bag of chips so I never really learned about moderation or healthy eating. I've been on the higher end of a healthy weight for as long as I remember with going to college being what pushed me into overweight.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The first time: being a generally inactive, bookish kid, and eating too much. I finally took off that weight in grad school.

The second time: finishing grad school and getting a job that took a lot of time. I went from walking 3-4 miles every day, and exercising 3-4 days a week on top of that, to driving or taking the bus to work, maybe walking 5-7 miles a week total, and exercising at best one day a week. But I kept eating like I was before, and gradually put on 5-6 pounds a year for over a decade.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ate more than my body needed , especially as I was moving less. Thats how we all put on weight.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi carb food, candy and pastries, hand-to-mouth disease, and a sedentary lifestyle...