What are the most frustrating obstacles when it comes to your weight loss?

Options
Hi everybody! I've been using the myfitnesspal app for just under 2 years now and have had some weight loss success with it. However, I've had my fair dose of fat shaming, being told I'm lazy, and fighting/succumbing to junk food temptations. I have found that voicing frustrations can help. I was just wondering what sort of things have frustrated you the most about losing weight. Thanks guys!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    who tells you you're lazy?

Seems to me like the weight you need to lose is friends/family who would try to "motivate" you by demeaning you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The most frustrating obstacle has been myself. Overcoming my own issues with food. Learning about food. Learning when/how much to eat. lastly exercising discipline and self control not to eat all of my calories from one junk food and then have none for the rest of the day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it's hunger (usually during PMS) and yeah, willpower when it comes to sweets.
  • sophiedocherty34
    sophiedocherty34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you should be proud of what you have acheived so far!!! I find it most frustrating when I've been dieting for so so so long that I start to hit a wall and no more weight comes off. I guess I get bored. I never ended up reaching my goal weight!
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yea, sometimes friends and family say that which does kind of sting , But they're overall good peoples. Sometimes I see people telling others they're lazy on discussion boards. I find that diverting my attention towards useful advice and ignoring the demeaning ones very helpful.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Drinking less beer! Cause I like pizza with beer.
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Drinking less beer! Cause I like pizza with beer.

THIS

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    That it takes time

It takes time to get in shape

This

I

Must

Earn

It is work. A marathon.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I've been using the myfitnesspal app for just under 2 years now and have had some weight loss success with it. However, I've had my fair dose of fat shaming, being told I'm lazy, and fighting/succumbing to junk food temptations. I have found that voicing frustrations can help. I was just wondering what sort of things have frustrated you the most about losing weight. Thanks guys!

Your ticker confuses me.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is staying motivated to exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would say for me, it's patience.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Injuries. I'd rather eat more and do more. Figuring out how to just eat less is a pain.
  • MynameisChester
    Options
    @ barbecuesauce- I don't understand your statement, please clarify if you'd like
    @shell1005- i don't shame my self anymore as that name was chosen about 2 years ago. But my response to you is, it takes one to know one. Just wanted to get some insight on people's common weight loss obstacles.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    @ barbecuesauce- I don't understand your statement, please clarify if you'd like
    @shell1005- i don't shame my self anymore as that name was chosen about 2 years ago. But my response to you is, it takes one to know one. Just wanted to get some insight on people's common weight loss obstacles.

Your ticker states that you haven't lost anything and are 1820 pounds to goal.
  • MynameisChester
    Options
    I see. I use this app to count my macros only. I find it more sustainable with greater fat loss success. I also don't place too much emphasis on weight lost. I use a tape measure to track my progress.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The only obstacle I faced was inaccurate or outright false information on how to lose weight. Unlearning the garbage and learning how to set and maintain an appropriate calorie deficit put me on the right path.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It takes one to know one? really?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    It takes one to know one? really?

I lol'd a bit, but at the same time, it's refreshing to see posters who aren't so keen on the art of insult.

OP I've seen many people with names that reflect dissatisfaction with their weight as a motivator - not sure why people jumped on it, as you're far from the only one. (If you did happen to want to change your handle, you can do that one time, I think.)
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Getting my mind to catch up with my loss. Still see an obese person in the mirror....