Need some support to stop binge eating!

Options
i can not stop...everyday after I eat my lunch, all I want to do is eat! And I don't go for the healthy stuff either. I mean ice cream, chips, chocolate, candy...anything that I know is not good for me. Normally, I don't keep this kind of food in the house, because this is what happens. But hubby and I were hungry when we grocery shopped. Worst thing ever. Please I'm seeking support and motivation to help me through this binge eating....

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Try entering anything you plan to binge on into the diary before you eat it. Seeing the calorie count right in front of you may deter you.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Throw it out and then make sure you have both eaten before you go shopping next week.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Try keeping gum on you. Minty flavors are great because then you have something to chew on and nothing really tastes good with a minty flavor.
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wonder if something you are eating is triggering these cravings. For me diet soda which I love makes me crave salty snacks and seems to increase my appetite and once I get started I can't stop. Personally I find I do better with my cravings when I stick to water. Good luck
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try buying more fruits and vegetables, and if you're hungry, eat those instead.

Also, maybe plan a snack after lunch - like a serving of ice cream, or chips, or something you'll really look forward to. That way you'll know you have something delicious coming and it might be easier to hold out for that.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Start watching that show my 600lb life. Got me straight!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i can not stop...everyday after I eat my lunch, all I want to do is eat! And I don't go for the healthy stuff either. I mean ice cream, chips, chocolate, candy...anything that I know is not good for me. Normally, I don't keep this kind of food in the house, because this is what happens. But hubby and I were hungry when we grocery shopped. Worst thing ever. Please I'm seeking support and motivation to help me through this binge eating....

Oh I have this exact same issue. I have this habit of going through this whole conversation in my head about whether I should get this chip, that choc, this doughnut, etc. I then stockpile a heap of garbage in my pantry. But I've reached a point where I don't actually eat it - maybe except pick at one small packet of tea biscuits in the span of a couple of months.

I think the best way is to keep them hidden in your pantry (the junk) in opaque containers and away from plain sight. Keep healthy fruit sitting on your bench tops and keep your bench tops clean so it helps to foster this whole uncluttered surrounds, uncluttered mind mentality.

Brush your teeth straight after dinner or pop a strong mint in your mouth and keep it busy with green tea or a non-sugary drink after every meal so that it won't spark up a binge attack.

Whenever you head out, remind yourself you already have chips, you already have biscuits and candy at home, there is no point to buy more!

The key is to try to let the feeling of immense craving slide. Tell yourself you will binge when you get back home when you're in the office. When you're at home, tell yourself you will binge at night. Then brush your teeth and tell yourself you will binge the next day. Keep putting it off until it disappears, because the binge attack is a feeling of the moment that usually has a trigger - so if you can psychologically just side step it by putting it off over and over again, the feeling will go away.

Try the above and see if it works!
  • shennin001
    shennin001 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I just started my diet yesterday and im going through the same thing. Something that worked for me in the past and i'm going to try it again is to have one day of the week as your day to binge. So lets say i have a craving for cookies on Mon but Sat is my binge day, it helps me to know that i will be able to eat all the cookies i want on my binge day and i don't feel deprived or that I'll never have it. The first time i tried this i lost 20+lbs. I had huge cravings for cookies and pizza so on Saturday i would eat as many as i craved. In the beginning i would eat so many that i would get sick to my stomach and not want it again till the next Saturday. Since you are doing 6 days of all healthy foods when you see the results then after a while you wont want to go all crazy on your binge day because u like what u see and you don't feel like you need to eat bad. I found this to be the best way for me since i was eating junk food everyday and i wasn't good at eating small portions. Well i hope this helps. I know you will get through this.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When you get the urge to binge, try to do something to really detour you from the behavior. Paint your nails- this should distract you for about 30 minutes with dry time.
    Brush your teeth so good doesn't taste as good
    Take a walk n
    I would tell you to allow yourself small portions but it seems like you can't have the temptation in the house (I do the same thing)