My 80lbs to lose, Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was easy to get this way, but will be a challenge, to get it o

Options

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    No better time like the present.

I started out with 125 pounds to lose and now I'm down to 92 to go. Slow and steady. You got this.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's going to be hard work, especially in the beginning, but you can so this. Just think about how you could look and feel at Christmas time. I have a lot to lose, but I've made mini goals for myself. My first mini goal was 50 lbs, but I think I'm going to drop it down to 25 lbs to make it more attainable. There's a cute dress on Modcloth that I've had my eye on that I'm going to buy when I lose the first 25.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP I started with a goal to lose 70lbs. So far I've lost 37lb.

Starting is definitely a challenge but in my opinion it's the hardest part. Every week that goes past, it gets a little bit easier. You will eventually develop new habits and they will become so habitual that you need to use your willpower a little less.

My number one tip:
    - Going off program for a meal doesn't mean you have to "ruin" the whole day. Get back on track straight away and recognise that having indulgent occasions is normal and doesn't mean you have spoiled anything.
    - by the same token, if you do have an entire day off program, that doesn't mean you have to make it a week.

And like Saffron suggested small targets are helpful. Sometimes looking at the whole picture can be overwhelming. I write my mini-goals on my mirror.
  • BrendaMaldonado1
    BrendaMaldonado1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a challenge you are absolutely right it is easy to put it on and difficult to lose the weight but not impossible... I went from 216 to 155 lbs... i gained 15 lbs back in 8 months (stopped working out and started eating more carbs) got pregnant gained 65 lbs.. my baby is now 10 weeks and i have lost 50 lbs so far... Of course some of it was baby weight but i gained so much because i ate really bad (lots of fast food & junk food and no exercise). I delivered via csection started eating healthy right away and started slowly exercising at 3 weeks post partum working myself up ...i am proud to say i have not ate fast food in 10 weeks and i been on track and doing my work outs :) So when there is a will there is a way... 80 lbs may seem like a lot and it wont happen overnight but all you can do is try your best and get thru one day at a time and before you know it you will see those lbs drop...
  • NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It definitely does seem easier to put the lbs. on than to take them off!! :) Just make small lifestyle changes a day at a time and you'll reach your goals... Nice to meet you!! :)
  • 12cdweightloss
    12cdweightloss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im new to MFP, but I lost 80 lbs already. It seemed like so much when I got started that it was a bit discouraging but once I started seeing it come off (I was losing a pound a day) it just made it so much easier to keep going. It really didnt even take that long. Today, I dont even look like the same person. People are surprised when they see the old picture on my driver's license. I actually enjoy looking at it to see how far ive come. Also my blood pressure went from 240/140 to now being 105/68 and I am now no longer diabetic. I still have about 45 lbs to lose and I have been at a plateau, but I am determined to lose the final lbs once and for all. I hope this encourages you. If I could lose it so can you! I have no friends yet as I just started yesterday but anyone can add me if they would like. I would like friends to keep me accountable. Good luck! You can do it! :)