Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 for about five or so days. I took one day off (still did elliptical) due to sore legs.
My quadriceps really hurt (mostly in one leg) after yesterdays workout. I applied ice a few times and today they are sore, but better.

I don't know if I should do the video today with sore muscles or just get some cardio in on the elliptical and rest for the day from Jillian.

Would love all your opinions! :) Thanks!!!

I can always use more friends so feel free to add me if you like. :)

Replies

• efoxy82
    efoxy82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you should give the video a rest today and maybe do the elliptical so you can give you muscles time to rest !!!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Id rest a day maybe do some walking if you dont want a rest day....Im doing it too and tend to do it every other day...
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    i agree with efoxy ... if you are sore take it slow on the eliptical its easy on the joints until you feel better then get back to the video :)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm going to take a break from the video today. :)
  • Leistung
    Leistung Posts: 6
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred and Level 1 made my calves really sore. After 10 days, I tried the next level and it made the soreness worse. I kept getting cramps in my calves when I would walk and when I was sleeping. Icing didn't do much and neither did stretching. It didn't go away until I took a few days off from working out all together. After that, I switched up the days, alternating between Level 1 and Level 2. That seemed to help a lot.
  • Frenshan
    Frenshan Posts: 44
    Options
    I too have just started the 30 day shred and it is a butt-kicker lol!! But I also agree that you should take a day of rest. I read somewhere that Jillian did a radio interview in which she stated she didn't intend for people to workout consistently every day for 30 days. I do some days in a stretch but I also give my body some time to recover on other days and am still seeing great results. I have been doing it for 2 weeks and have completed 7 workouts with level 1.:wink:
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I would take a complete rest day. Most would disagree but constant stress forces change...but it also damages. Sometimes you need to simply rest. Take one day to do nothing but eat right and eat lots of protein to help your muscles repair. Then go back to the elliptical and/or the 30 Day Shred. It's better than forcing yourself to move on a damaged muscle. Let it heal now or you could cause serious damage.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Take it easy, but know that the more you do the video the easier it will get and the less sore you will be. I did my first 30 days straight with no breaks. Totally wanted to quit after days 1-7, but I noticed it WAS getting better. Now I'm roughly 50ish days into the DVD and have slowly advanced to level 3. Some days it is still tough, but in the end I feel sooo good! So, allow your body to heal-listen to it-and then pick back up where you started. You are doing great!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually didn't know eating protein helps the muscles so that is really great info! :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know this is a little late.... but something that often helps with sore muscles and leg cramps is eating bananas. They are an awesome source of potassium which is what keeps the cramping to a mininmum. I have also heard that the more water you drink the less soreness will result. Anyway its worth a try...
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know this is a little late.... but something that often helps with sore muscles and leg cramps is eating bananas. They are an awesome source of potassium which is what keeps the cramping to a mininmum. I have also heard that the more water you drink the less soreness will result. Anyway its worth a try...
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I would take a rest day from everything not just the video, give your body time to heal and stretch. I have found that JM doesn't really do enough when it comes to stretching at the end of the video. If you are still experiencing pain after a day or two, try to modify some of the movements and if you are still experiencing muscle pain or any pain after that please consult a doctor.