Trying to lose 80lbs!

Options
benefitofmrmatt
benefitofmrmatt Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! Just graduated from college and started working full time and decided to make the decision to try and get healthy. I've been able to lose a good amount of weight in the past but I gained it back. With this new chapter in my life I want to make a change. Looking for friends on here so we can support and encourage one another. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me! =)

Replies

• breezyfitness
    breezyfitness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also have 80 lbs to lose. I added you. Good luck!!
  • RonnieCanuck
    RonnieCanuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have 80lbs to lose. I'll hopefully figure out how to add people...
  • CasieSJ
    CasieSJ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 80 lbs too
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Started with 115 pounds to lose, have 80 pounds left. :) Good Luck everyone!
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose nearly 80 lbs too. Add me :)
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started out with 240 lbs to lose and still have 60 lbs to go. (Possibly more. Depends on how happy I am when I get there.) Feel free to add me. :)
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose 60 lbs.
    15 down 45 go. . Feel free to add me. .
  • serena_b1
    serena_b1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds. I have lost a lot of weight in the past and gained it all back and then some! Feel free to add me.
  • cynthiakirk1
    cynthiakirk1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 80 lbs too
  • btkennett
    btkennett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started in April with an 85 pound goal. I'm down 43 with 42 left to go!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year, I set out to lose 70 lbs by the end of the year. Surpassed that in May. I still want to lose another 5-15 lbs to find an ideal weight and then start adding muscle to increase my ideal weight, but I've been maintaining for a while to give my body a rest. This is definitely do-able. Just be very strict about logging all your calories accurately and find some sport or exercise that you truly enjoy and will want to practice for the rest of your life. The point of exercising is not merely to burn calories but to become more physically fit and plenty of rest days is essential for this. Once you start to become fit, your body will take over and provide reserves of motivation much stronger than you can muster with your mind or will alone. At the beginning, 'diet', ie, the 'calories in' part of the equation is much more important for losing weight, but later on your physical fitness and active lifestyle become more important for maintaining your loss and keeping your metabolism high. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck!