whey protein

Options
Hiya is whey protein powders good for you? Or are brown rice hemp or pea better? Not sure how they process whey

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    From my own knowledge, whey is produced in 2 ways to obtain 2 things (whey isolate and whey concentrate).

Milk is taken from a cow, the curd and whey are separated. The curd is used in cheese making and the liquid (which is whey) is then pasteurized and is then filtered. It's then run through a series of cold tubes to separate the protein and the fat and lactose. After that I'm not sure what happens, I guess it's QC'd and flavours are added etc.

I guess whey is 'good for you' - but remember anything in abundance is bad for you. So I remain neutral on every single food. It isn't necessary at all, it's only needed if you have a really hard time hitting your protein and for convenience.

Never tried brown rice hemp or pea protein.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great thanks
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought hemp protein, really excited to try it. It's a good natural source of iron and magnesium, both of which I seem to run low on. I'll let you know what I think!
  • pebbleslaura1
    Options
    That be great thanks i cant hav alot of dairy due to a disorder so be great to hear what other protein ones are like
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I buy hemp. Rice protein is o.k too. 'Can't stand the smell of the pea for some reason.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you're looking more for health benefits look into a pure whey concentrate. It's closer to the original milk form and contains things such as lactoferin with is a cancer fighting enzyme also found in breast milk. Just think of it as being very concentrated milk. But Isaac is right about where it comes from. Whey used to be a bi product that was literally just thrown away, until they realized its uses in the body building word. (Cash register ding)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    *world
  • pebbleslaura1
    Options
    Great thanks for ur help