I keep gaining weight even with healthy food & exercise :(

Options
So at first I was losin half a pound ever 2 days :love: but after the second week I starting gaining weight back. :sad:
I just started a new workout program 3 days ago with the Jillians DVDs 30 Day Shred & 6 Pack in 6 weeks so I hope that makes a difference but I need help!!! :ohwell: Any sugestions & advice will be greatly appreciated. Gracias :wink:

Thank you in advance & please add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

I'm 5.1 & curently w 139 lbs. Im 26 years old :happy:

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    open up you diary so we can see whats going on
  • sexylily
    sexylily Posts: 68
    Options
    open up you diary so we can see whats going on

Thanks I just did :flowerforyou:
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    waaaay too under the 1200 you cant make a fire without wood, up them and add some more protein and see if that helps
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    You need to eat more to lose more! It's hard to believe, but it's true!
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    waaaay too under the 1200 you cant make a fire without wood, up them and add some more protein and see if that helps

Perfect way to word that!!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    How tall are you? From your profile it sounds like you are currently at a healthy weight, but (like me) want to lose those last 'vanity pound' :) Your cals seem low way too low so your body is holding on to everything you intake and you run the risk of eating away at muscle mass. Up your cals to 1200 a day, make sure you are strength training 2-3 days a week and take your measurements. You may end up losing some inches but stay at the same weight. So figure out what you really want...a low number on the scale...or a low number on your jeans. :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough....you should be at least netting 1200 cal/day
    also try increasing your water intake
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You cannot go under 1200 base calories.. You need to change the 800 to 1200. Your body is probably in starvation mode hun!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did you manually set your daily goal to below 1200?

When I first started I lost almost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. Then I started gaining my weight back. I was told to try eating more. It felt weird and totally against everything I had thought worked but I did it and started losing again the next week. It's different for everyone though. Might give it a try and try to NET at least 1000 cals.
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    First -- what time period are you talking about? If it's a fraction of a pound over the course of a couple days, I'd suggest you're monitoring too closely. Another recent discussion was on how frequently people weigh themselves and the consensus seemed to be about once a week. You're looking for overall trends, not day to day fluctuations.

Second -- the scale is only one measure of success. If you're working out intensely, perhaps you're gaining muscle. When deciding if you're on track or not, be sure to factor in weight, size (at various places across your body), ability to perform physical activities, etc.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more to lose more! It's hard to believe, but it's true!

Absolutely true! I find that when I eat more, I lose more. Your body needs food for energy. The less you eat, even with working out, the less effective your workouts become. You need to eat at least what your daily calorie intake is. You don't have to eat back all of your calories when you exercise but it does not hurt to do so! This website mentions that your body could be going into starvation mode if you do not eat enough and that might be what your body is doing. It's counteractive. Try that and let us know if you see an improvement!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, so your body is holding on to every bit of nutrition that it can. Also, more than 30% of your calories are from fat every day, so you aren't doing yourself any favors there either.

Eat more calories and replace those high fat foods in your diet with more sensible options like fruits, veggies and lean meats so that your fat calorie intake is 30% or less of your total caloric intake.
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eat more. I know that sounds weird when your trying to lose weight.. but there were days when my net wouldn't even be 1,000... my husband told me its not healthy and to eat more. I rolled my eyes thinking that I wanted to lose weight.. so ill eat ad little as possible. Well for a Month I lost no weight. Decided to start eating more to get my net around 1200 and I've lost about 4lbs in two weeks. I also noticed your over your fat quite a few days too.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more! You are eating way under 1200, You need to be netting atleast 1200 a day. Your body/ metabolism cant function properly on too few calories. try eating a little more and see if that wont help. Protein bars are not a real good breakfast either. They are loaded in sugar so you may as well eat a candy bar!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Determine your body type. All you eat is sugar with the strawberries.

Some body types require low carbs and more protein.

Www.sUperskinnyme.com.

You must eat to lose, don't stall your body. It sucks to restart
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    You cannot go under 1200 base calories.. You need to change the 800 to 1200. Your body is probably in starvation mode hun!

I agree.. 800 calories is not nearly enough... especially if you're exercising. I would up that goal of 800 to 1200. You're body needs fuel (food) to go on.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    oh yes, i agree with everyone saying that you need to be eating more!

you need to eat at least 4-5 times a day girl!

hopefully that will help!
  • jehmke1980
    jehmke1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to replace some of the fruit with vegetables and reduce carbs in general. i noticed when i was eating alot of fruit and carbs, even though it is healthier than alot of foods, i was not loosing any weight. and drink water all day long. good luck!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to replace some of the fruit with vegetables and reduce carbs in general. i noticed when i was eating alot of fruit and carbs, even though it is healthier than alot of foods, i was not loosing any weight. and drink water all day long. good luck!

ME too! I had to change to High protein lower carb.. and I have been losing since.