What just came out of my mouth?!!??

Options
Does anyone else have a problem verbally expressing themselves at times? I'm not talking about putting your foot in your mouth or not thinking about what you're saying before you say it. I mean literally not saying the word you think you're about to say.
Example:
I was at the gas station, and the attendant asked "Cash or credit?" My answer?? "Crash"...apparently my brain thought it would be a GREAT idea to combine the words right before it came out of my mouth. This is not a one time thing for me. I was at taco bell drive through (years ago...before my MFP days haha) and my younger brothers were in the back seat. I asked them if they were going to want any sauce...as the cashier always asks "Hot, Fire or mild sauce"....One of them wanted hot sauce, the other Fire. So when asked if I'd like any sauce...my mouth said "Fa~hot sauce". My brothers STILL laugh about that. Oh, and because of me...my family cuts grass with a machine called a Mawn Lower.

Anyone else have some tales to tell so I don't feel like such a TOTAL dork?? Well...So I won't feel like a total dork ALONE?? ;)

Replies

• HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I told my daughter to "cut it off" the other day...I started to say "cut it out" but finished with "knock it off"
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Me!! This happens to me often. I totally get tongue tied. Glad I am not the only one :-)
  • Jenny2011
    Jenny2011 Posts: 30
    Options
    LOL - I do this all the time - I can remember when I was a kid I called the patrol doors where the road patrollers went outside the bada doors - no idea where it came from. My mouth changes the words at work too - I am nurse so you can imagine how that sounds sometimes LOL
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I told my daughter to "cut it off" the other day...I started to say "cut it out" but finished with "knock it off"

did she come back with short hair?? lol
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have done this many many times before. So far we have Grunchy (Grumpy + Grouchy), Scootle (Scoot + Scuttle) and I recently did another one that I can not remember right now lol
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I do this ALL THE TIME. I also do it when typing....use a different form of the word I meant to use. For example, I might say "you want to eatING all your calories" instead of "you want to EAT all your calories". <shakes head> I'd blame it on being old but I'm not old! <lol>
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I do this ALL the time. My brain just gets so far ahead of my mouth, and so I mash up words all the time. The other day, I don't remember who I was talking to or what we were talking about, but it was definitely something dangerous. So, my brain was telling me to say "No, its dangerous" and then list all the reasons I felt that way. My mouth, however, came up with, "Its nangerous."
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    All the time! I always forget the word that I am trying to say so I substitute it with thingy, doo-dad, whatsit, so a usual sentence for me would be, "does anyone know where my wotsit, thingy ma-jig is??" of course people always know what I'm on about... I am a great cause for amusement at work and not just for that!

The other day instead of annoucing I was going to the bathroom, I was going to shout I'm off for a wee but I thought, no, I'm an accountant and I should say something more professional so I came out with "I'm going to the place where I can be alone to do something private for a while".... WHAT AN IDIOT!!! Now when anyone is going for a wee they reel off my stupid sentence :grumble:
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I once asked for strawberry sauce at mcdonalds instead of ketchup. (they're both red) This was only a few years ago, I was an adult. :-/
  • thecanface
    Options
    my nephew is 3, he always calls my boyfriend grandpa by accident.. he gets confused. sometimes he'll correct himsellf and say "oh, victor!" and sometimes he just laughs.. well one time he called him "Gramtor" LOLLL he just stared blank hoping no one noticed untill we all starting cracking up.

He also always calls me "mom" by accident, so he often says "matia" "mom" and "Tia"(spanish word for aunt) lol its funny
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Every day. Luckily I have a husband who I could pretty much just blurt out a random sound to & he knows what I want.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Shopping at store and want some Chris and Pitts BBQ sauce and asked where the piss and crits was. At work my bosses names were Julie and Joe and I asked where is Jew and Jolly. And many years ago when the had Regular and Ethal gas the attendant asked my if i want Rethal and I told him no I'll take eggular Almost forgot I was working drive thru and I was handing back the change instead og saying here's you change I said here's you name. go figure
  • snowman6124
    Options
    My wife came up with the word "Yicky"= Yuck plus Icky!
  • thecanface
    Options
    Shopping at store and want some Chris and Pitts BBQ sauce and asked where the piss and crits was. At work my bosses names were Julie and Joe and I asked where is Jew and Jolly. And many years ago when the had Regular and Ethal gas the attendant asked my if i want Rethal and I told him no I'll take eggular

i laughed really hard at this.. like i banged on my desk lol
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time too, Al Pacone, instead of Al pacino, bigel instead of bagel, burrow instead of borough, you should hear me TRY say ciabatta bread lol. Ive also done canoli oil instead of canola oil, Im sure my husband could tell you a lot more lol!
  • thecanface
    Options
    my sister had a weggie once, and i was laughing.. my other sister comes up and asks why i was laughing and i told her "she has a Jacuzzi!" ... how i got weggie and Jacuzzi confused..?? no se.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    "Take Luck!"
    Let's see if anyone gets the reference. :)
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    "Take Luck!"

I LOVE HIM!! "Take care...of the luck...if you had any, take care of it"

I actually found out about him because I posted this "Crash" topic on FB and my friend linked me to "YOU TOO"
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    "Take Luck!"

I actually found out about him because I posted this "Crash" topic on FB and my friend linked me to "YOU TOO"

haha I love "The big yellow one is the sun!"
    My niece came up with a good "crash-ism"... "Compotally"... combining "completely" and "totally"
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    "Take Luck!"

haha I love "The big yellow one is the sun!"
    My niece came up with a good "crash-ism"... "Compotally"... combining "completely" and "totally"

HAHA, That's awesome. It's great when you can get other people to start using your "new words".