Swimsuit for very overweight man?

Options
Tykk
Tykk Posts: 153 Member
I'm hoping to get back into swimming, but am having trouble finding a swimsuit that works. My current trunks have so much material on them that if I so much as kick off the wall, I move but the suit doesn't, putting me in danger of arrest for indecent exposure. I'm having a lot of trouble finding huge-size swimsuits that you can actually swim in. I'm pretty much thinking some kind of bib-style trunks would be the most likely to work, but haven't found any actually for sale.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend this site: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/tyr-mens-torque-lite-swimskin-7534437/?color=9325 I don't have quite all the same criteria, but a suit that stays on during actual swimming was my prime concern when I found them. Reasonable prices for the quality, too.
  • salstg
    salstg Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Try to find on without pockets. You're probably not going to look cool in the trunks that will actually work.. but they will work. I got mine from swim outlet too... but not as fashionable as my board shorts.
  • Tykk
    Options
    Really appreciate the advice, autumnblade and salstg. I'll check out swim outlet and see if there's anything there my size.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A jammer? You may feel l a little self-conscious in one (I sure did...) but they're streamlined and will make swimming feel a little easier. They do make bib style triathlon shorts, unlike a regular swimsuit they have a light chamois as triathletes go from swimming to biking but it's no where near as pronounced as the chamois in a pair of biking shorts as triathletes also run in them after the ride...
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    viskfgs91mrd.jpg

Not this one (LOL)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    viskfgs91mrd.jpg

Not this one (LOL)

.....can't be unseen........
  • Tykk
    Options
    A jammer? You may feel l a little self-conscious in one (I sure did...) but they're streamlined and will make swimming feel a little easier. They do make bib style triathlon shorts, unlike a regular swimsuit they have a light chamois as triathletes go from swimming to biking but it's no where near as pronounced as the chamois in a pair of biking shorts as triathletes also run in them after the ride...
    Thanks Brian. Yeah, I looked into those tri bibs, and funnily enough they don't make them in enormous sizes, go figure. :D
  • Tykk
    Options
    viskfgs91mrd.jpg

Not this one (LOL)
    Try googling "mankini". Ouch.