What's a good way to burn calories at home?

Options
Unfortunately I don't go to a gym but that doesnt mean that I dont make any effort to work out. But I don't know how may calories I'm burning! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Anyone know any good work outs that I can do at home and for how long? :explode:

Replies

• Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    Running, running in place, lunges, sprints, dancing,...theres a TON of them! I really like the 30 day shred if you're looking for a good video to try!
  • mercedes25
    mercedes25 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well there is running and walking of course. You could also jump rope! As far as know how many calories you have burned you can google how maby calories burned doing ______. I have found many websites with a calorie tracker thing! It might be completely accurate, but it would give you an idea kind of!
  • sarahd26
    sarahd26 Posts: 9
    Options
    My house is usually a mess so I get a pretty good workout cleaning up after my boyfriend and myself :)
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok ....this 30 day shred video must be aaaaamazing because that's all I ever hear lol is it really that good?
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    LMAO! Then I get a great work out because my hubby is a piggy
  • Missy123556
    Options
    Its really good because it gives you such a good mix of cardio, strength and abs. And the exercises are easy things that everyone can do so you dont have to skip anythimg if you have restrictions! plus its only like 8 bucks on amazon, so worth it!
  • Missy123556
    Options
    also do you have a smartphone? I use the iMapmyrun app and it tells me how many calories I burn running based on my height, weight, and pace. And you can post your results to facebook/twitter so that kind of gives me an encouragement to do better, so my numbers look good online! haha!
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    thats awesome. Thanks for the tip. :smile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Get on Amazon and look up "workout videos"..there are a ton of them. Also, get yourself a heart rate monitor so you know how many calories you're burning. I've lost 51 pounds and have never set foot in a gym.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Many generalized workouts are in the cardio database on here for a good estimation, but usually users report that MFP is high.

As far as working out at home, it depends what you want to do:

cardio
    running: www.c25k.com
    fitness programs: hulu, youtube, netflix

body weight strength training:
    strength train: www.hundredpushups.com (there are multiple programs on here for different areas of the body).
    better strength train: http://www.bodyweightculture.com/forum/showthread.php?11058-Bodyweight-Strength-Training

Weight strength training (get some cheap weights and bench off of craigslist)
    www.stronglifts.com
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    That's amazing! You should be super pround! You look fabulous :smile:
  • Jackie_140
    Jackie_140 Posts: 6
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't go to a gym but that doesnt mean that I dont make any effort to work out. But I don't know how may calories I'm burning! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Anyone know any good work outs that I can do at home and for how long? :explode:

buy some ankle weights and wear them around the house all day while just doing regular chores, itll burn a few extra calories and help tone