Am I the only person who loves Subway and uses it to help weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• debberz89
    debberz89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turkey subway salad, pepsi max and a bag of space raiders under 250 cals!!!
  • mimimissie975
    mimimissie975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had subway twice this week haha. Its not the subway sandwich that's making me feel guilty but those cookies make me wanna regret eating there at all. It doesn't help that they display the cookies next to the cashier
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Subway works so well for me! I can eat a 3" sub with half a bag of chips (with bottled water) and feel like I'm being treated at only 400 calories. My boyfriend, however, says he can eat 2 footlong subs and it does nothing for him. lol. My dad says similar, so I'm wondering if I'm one of very few person who feels full from Subway? I'm a vegetarian and they have about four different options for me (egg whites, veggie patty, veggie delight, falafel). I have tried weight loss many times and the times I used Subway a few times a week (or once a day even) with exercise were the most successful. It seems to keep me from getting bored too. & please spare me of how the bread is processed. Yes, I don't eat full clean, but it also is more vegetables than I usually would get in one meal, even as a vegetarian. So, anyone else share my guilty pleasure (or have one of their own)?

Subway has 3" subs? That doesn't sound very satisfying.

I like Subway and when I don't have time to pack a lunch, I usually go to Subway for a 6" sub. I don't think Subway is particularly healthy or clean, but it's better than a hamburger.

One thing I've noticed is that I have to beg for spinach. I tell them I want everything from the vegetable section. They usually pass right by the spinach. So I tell them I want spinach too. They open the spinach container as if it were the locked vault in a bank, pull out a few leaves and sprinkle them on my sub. So I tell them "more." And then I tell them "more" again. I've noticed the same thing in all three Subways that I go to which got me wondering if spinach is more expensive than other veggies, or if maybe most people complain about getting too much spinach. Does anyone else have to beg for their spinach?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    My husband and I used to go there at least once a week. I can no longer go there, though, as I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease and Subway doesn't offer any Gluten free choices at this time.

You can get salads there. ;)

I wouldn't. The contamination risk is way too high for someone with Celiac.

• LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like Subway and found they have an online calculator for their menu. I was able to get a six inch Turkey with cheese, lite mayo, veggies on Italian for 350 cal. Contrast that with a cheeseburger which is around 500 calories.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used to love subway.....But every subway I have ever set foot inside, in my entire life, has always smelled like a dirty mop bucket or an old wet sponge. I don't eat there anymore because after trying lots of other places with vegetarian subs, subway's just taste horrible to me now :|:/ I can see that people can get a good sized meal there for minimal calories though, if they don't go crazy on the sauces and all.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love Subway and eat there about 2 times a week. The one near work caters to those of us who are on foot and don't have long for lunch plus I can meet my hubby there and we don't feel like we are over doing it. I load up a 6" with tons of veggies but my splurge are the chips. :blush: My other great find is a local chain grocery store that just opened about a block away that has terrific sushi made to order and a full salad bar. I also like that I can get fresh fruit from the produce section and healthy snack items as opposed to hitting up the vending machines in my building. I'm doing better with food choices and have a long way to go but these things help.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I get Subway about once a month. I brought two 12" home tonight for supper. I always get veggie on wheat with no cheese and red wine vinegar. My husband has meat on his, and eats the whole thing. I eat 1/2 for supper and 1/2 for lunch the next day. It fills me up. I never have chips anymore.

As others mentioned on this thread, look what Jared did eating Subway.

I have found that if I eat what I like, it is easier for me to stick to my calorie budget. Eating less calories than you burn leads to weight loss. How you want to spend your calories is a personal choice and to succeed, you need to do what works for you.

Granted, like many, Jared gained most back. But that probably just means he didn't plan his maintenance well.

(and now there's the EXTREMELY creepy legal scandal he's involved with that has nothing to do with eating, but I suspect Subway will drop him like a hot potato.)
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had subway today. It's not my favorite, I'd rather eat jersey mikes, but it's lower calorie and satisfying.
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »

One thing I've noticed is that I have to beg for spinach. I tell them I want everything from the vegetable section. They usually pass right by the spinach. So I tell them I want spinach too. They open the spinach container as if it were the locked vault in a bank, pull out a few leaves and sprinkle them on my sub. So I tell them "more." And then I tell them "more" again. I've noticed the same thing in all three Subways that I go to which got me wondering if spinach is more expensive than other veggies, or if maybe most people complain about getting too much spinach. Does anyone else have to beg for their spinach?

HAHA, yes! We just got back from a road trip, stopped at Subway a few times and at every single location I got about 4 leaves on my foot long. I always had to beg for more! I've also noticed that whenever I order a salad I tend to get an eye roll and a sigh because it takes *slightly* longer for them.... :smirk:
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    it's too expensive to eat regularly, but i absolutely love their chopped salads. i have a chicken breast (or sweet onion chicken) with loads of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes. no cheese, squirt of sub sauce or sweet onion sauce. to die for, seriously.

since discovering how tasty their salads are, i haven't even wanted another sub.. ditch the bread, eat more lettuce. it's still filling and way fewer calories and carbs, so it's nice to your macro levels for the meal.