What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I jogged a decent distance and didn't want to rip out my lungs.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I actually walked & ran 2 miles yesterday. I'd sprint/jog/run a block then I'd walk a block. This is an honest to god first in my life.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 3 training sessions on a Thursday (Weights, body combat and kick boxing) and 3 on a Sunday (Body pump, body combat and spin) for a while now and got approached to take part in a spinathon for charity next Saturday.

My NSV is that I signed up and that I am actually looking forward to it too. Would never have contemplated this a year ago. Now the next NSV will be if I survive lol.
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only had one dress in my wardrobe that really fit me properly so had to wear it to ALL the *hatches, matches and dispatches that came along.

The other night I chanced my arm trying on a few older dresses that had been too small on me...and they ALL fit! hurray options!! :)

*christenings, weddings and funerals.
  • LottieL99
    LottieL99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although weightloss has stalled the past couple of months I have been plodding on through NROLFW.
    Tried on a bandeau bikini I bought in February and it's now definitely not safe to wear in public.
    Woohoo! inches are definitely coming off!
    Boo! It was a really nice bikini!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started working out in my building's gym because I my schedule has not allowed me to get to the group classes I prefer. I found the key to working out alone is to have a great playlist! :p

The gym opens a 6AM and I have to call the security desk to make sure they actually open the door by then and they are not happy about my doing this. o:)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My 'big' NSV: I stopped taking high-blood pressure medication as my blood pressure has dropped significantly and I don't need medication anymore.

I hope this happens to me.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Went to a ball game last night. Stayed away from all the high calorie, high sodium treats.
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just bought a beautiful new car with a driver's seat that would have been too narrow for me 52 pounds ago. The salesman even told me, "This car is not for wide people," as though I weren't one of them!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Getting off diabetes medication was a pretty big NSC for me.

And seeing my fasting sugar in the 70's and 80's every morning is amazing. This morning it was 77 ! A few months ago it averaged around 120.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Resting HR down to mid-60s from low 80s! :DDDDDDD
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend bought Krispy kremes yesterday. I was trying really hard to stay under calorie (I'm trying to take it a day at time) and he offered me one last night, I managed to resist AND stayed under calorie goal yay!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    miinorawr wrote: »
    My boyfriend bought Krispy kremes yesterday. I was trying really hard to stay under calorie (I'm trying to take it a day at time) and he offered me one last night, I managed to resist AND stayed under calorie goal yay!

You are a ROCKSTAR!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Instead of rushing through my exercises, I gave every rep my full concentration, focusing 100% on form and muscle activation. And on the treadmill, instead of bumping up the incline or speed to hit a specific calorie burn goal (g-d those round numbers), I listened to my body the whole time, and adjusted to respond to it. I burned fewer calories than I normally would for the time, but I came out with no pain. (This is a major win for me, because I am usually highly tempted to go for broke no matter what, and I'm working around injuries.)
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Increased my plank from 45 secs to 1 min 10 secs.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Awsome!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Well done!

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »
    Increased my plank from 45 secs to 1 min 10 secs.
    Awesome!!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I raced in my first half marathon today since losing weight and getting back into running. I finished in 1hr47, which was faster than I thought I would (I had expected 1:55 with an ultimate goal of 1:50). I am so proud of myself!
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My swimsuit was easy to put on today.. I have a swim dress and the under part is a body suite that is usually a tug of war to get it on but today when I put it on it went on easily and I had to keep pulling it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!