What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    I can climb a tree again!
    Same here! I was surprised when I was faced with climbing a tree a few months ago and when I started to climb, I was just like a monkey. So much more flexible and, of course, less weight to haul up with me. Now I'm like you...sometimes I climb a tree for no real reason other than to climb it.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Having a lovely 92 year old man tell me that my boobs are finally bigger than my belly
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I met a woman waiting for the bus who was letting her all one color turquoise hair grow out. After I commented on the color I took off my hat to show her my turquoise and magenta highlights and she said that's what she wanted to do next. :o
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm on the next link down on my charm bracelet. I didn't realise my wrist would lose weight too :smile:
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've become that person in the gym. I working on my arms yesterday...and looked in the mirror and couldn't stop staring because OMG I HAVE MUSCLES IN MY ARMS! I probably looked pretty vain, but I really don't care :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Bought a new top today in a size 20, first one in that size, from a 32/34!!!

I also had my ring finger measured and it's dropped 6 sizes, no wonder my rings are loose!

That's what 117lbs loss does!!!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I got a workout in at the gym before work. I'm not a morning person and was exhausted from my late night return from a work trip, but still did. First time evah!
  • dhampir_princess
    dhampir_princess Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    To women with a normal reproductive system it probably seems like a really strange thing to call an NSV, but for me it's a pretty big deal...I'm ovulating now that I've lost weight. I'm nowhere NEAR where I should be, but I will get there....and this was a huge motivation. 53 lb and counting (wish I had joined MFP before I started losing, that ticker is frustrating me).

If you know how much you used to weigh, go to My Home - Check in - Edit Previous Measurements

Select weight (if it isn't already selected) and once it reloads the page, enter the date and weight, and Add New Entry. If you have multiple weights to record, just keep adding them until you're done (I actually started on FatSecret, and didn't join MFP until almost a month later, so I added in the older info so my ticker would be correct.)

Good luck.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for telling us how to do that. I had just been doing the correct math in my head every tune I wanted to know how much I'd lost cuz I entered my beginning weight a bit lower than it really was by mistake. This makes things so much simpler!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Last night did some walking lunges for the first time in a while. In the past I've always hated them, felt like I couldn't do them well with a full range of motion. Last night, I got my down knee all the way down to almost touching the floor. Felt like an accomplishment. :)

I have to wear my wedding ring on my middle finger. Too big for my ring finger, and it can't be resized due to how its made from 2 different types of gold. But wearing it on the wrong finger is better than not being able to wear it.
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It isn't a huge one, but after two years of not being able to put my wedding ring on... I got it back on again! Yes it is a TIGHT fit, but I got it over my "finger fat"! AND, my fat pants, that changed to my "suck it in sister, or you will NEVER get these zipped" are now my fat pants, that are about at the point of being big enough that they look bad! I AM EXCITED TO LOOK BAD IN MY PANTS!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Went to get a haircut today, wasn't embarrassed by having to look at my face in the mirror. Fewer chins!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My Aqua fitness class reported to the aquatics director that 1) they thought I was a tough instructor and 2) they liked being challenged. woot! woot!
  • Esabettie
    Esabettie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a couple, small ones: I keep forgeting that I have chocolate inside my drawer at work, before I would be thinking about it all day; next one, I went out for dinner twice this week, and both times I ordered the healthier stuff I found, chicken fajites instead of the cheesy burrito.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was in the weight room at the gym last night, where I almost never see another woman, and it seemed so normal - I said hi to the guys I recognized, worked in with someone, etc. I knew what I was doing and think I looked it. Before I would have been super self conscious and uncomfortable, even though I've always been pretty athletic.
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I shoveled snow for 45 minutes and was not out of breathe
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 1yr anniversary on MFP, I've lost over 50lbs, and I finally had the nerve to put some "before & after (during) progress pics" on my profile. It made me happy to see how far I've come, because when I look in the mirror each day, I still see how far I have to go instead.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last loop on this belt. I guess I need to buy a new one. =)
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a size 6 skinny jean today! I did not ever expect to see this size again.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am wearing size 8 jeans today!!! I have not fit into single digits since high school (22 years ago!) Down from size 18 at my highest.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to our floor morning tea, but I didn't eat a single thing. I ate a peach at my desk before going. I also avoided the pizza shout at the end of the day, even though it smelled SO GOOD! I would never have had the control to do that before. So I finished the day under my calorie goal and felt really good about my choices...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!